There are multiple Clerk Typist vacancies throughout the county. The eligibility list created by this vacancy may be used to hire other vacancies in the department or County.
To perform clerical support functions relating to the activities of the work unit to which assigned to include completing typing assignments, records maintenance, using paper or electronic filing systems public contact, and general office services; and to perform related duties as assigned. (This is the journey or full performance class in the Clerk-Typist series. It differs from Clerk-Typist 2 in that previous clerical experience enables employees to perform complex tasks and requires more independent actions. In addition, employees in this classification may provide work direction to other personnel engaged in similar duties.)
If an internal candidate is selected, salary will be set in accordance with the personnel rules (i.e., promotion, transfer, or voluntary reduction).
To view or print a copy of the complete Ramsey County job (class) description for this job, go to: . Once at this page, you can browse the alphabetical list or search for a job description.
Hourly Salary Range for Clerk Typist 1 is $15.26- $21.10
Hourly Salary Range for Clerk Typist 2 is $16.52- $23.06
Hourly Salary Range for Clerk Typist 3 is $18.63- $27.21
1. Promote a diverse, culturally competent, and respectful workplace.
2. Create letters, reports, memoranda, exhibits, records, forms, charts, tables, or other documents by using a computer to produce drafts or final copy from recordings, rough copies, or other source materials.
3. Perform duties relating to the production of correspondence such as gathering and arranging materials required for completing assignments; reviewing, proofreading, and editing materials for spelling, grammar, and syntax; and otherwise ensuring the quality and accuracy of printed or electronic documents.
4. Perform duties relating to forms and records maintenance such as establishing, maintaining, and updating files; searching files for information; maintaining records and statistics; opening, maintaining, and closing case files; and recommending new forms or other revisions of existing forms. Depending on assignment, duties may involve the maintenance of electronic data files.
5. Perform public contact duties such as receiving and routing phone calls; responding to complaints and inquiries by phone and in person; directing clients or visitors to proper locations; scheduling appointments for clients or staff; and assigning service requests to program units or staff in accordance with established guidelines.
6. Perform general office services to include opening, sorting and distributing mail and preparing outgoing mail; preparing and sending form letters and composing routine letters; copying and scanning documents; assisting the public in completing forms; and related duties.
7. Perform budget maintenance or payroll duties such as preparing or verifying payrolls; maintaining inventories of office supplies; recommending equipment purchases; preparing, checking or processing requisitions, purchase orders and accounts payable forms; and maintaining accounts in accordance with the Department of Finance practices.
8. Perform clerical functions particular to the unit to which assigned which involve duties relating to checking, verifying, or processing forms, records and documents; setting priorities according to established guidelines in order to meet deadlines, and maintaining a smooth work flow; and otherwise ensuring the efficiency of clerical operations.
9. May provide work direction to other clerical personnel engaged in similar duties.
(The work assigned to a position in this classification may not include all possible tasks in this work and does not limit the assignment of any additional tasks in this classification. Regular attendance according to the position's management approved work schedule is required.)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
Education: High school graduation or equivalent.
Clerk Typist 1: None. Must have the ability to type 30 WPM.
Clerk Typist 2: Two years of full-time experience as a Clerk-Typist 1 or equivalent with the ability to type 40 WPM.
Clerk Typist 3: Four years of full-time experience as a Clerk-Typist 1 or equivalent with the ability to type 50 WPM.
CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
Clerk Typist experience, or "the equivalent", is work that is in an office environment, usually at a desk with a computer.
The following types of work are NOTequivalent to the clerical work done by a Clerk Typist in Ramsey County.
This examination process will consist of the following sections with each section weighted as indicated: