This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the IT-Cyber-Security efforts for the Software Engineering team in a fast-paced, global organization within an innovative and unique industry. Based in Princeton, NJ, you will contribute to the improvement of its IT/Cyber-Security efforts and risk reductions as it relates to the software development and maintenance activities for the Ground Control System (GCS) used to fly 50+ satellites.
- Automate remediation/patching of identified Vulnerabilities for Software Engineering's GCS and other systems and associated software through the use of it existing tools, including SuSE Manager.
- Review Vulnerabilities and identify risk mitigation to determine what remediations have the most impact on reducing risk.
- Standup/support/automate SuSE Manager and QRadar log forwarding
- Being an advanced student in Computer Science, with a focus on IT/Cyber-Security
- Strong interest in the media/telecommunication business and technical interest in satellites
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills, experience with all aspects of IT/Cyber-Security including risk management, vulnerability management, patching/remediation, and Linux/Windows Log Forwarding
- Experience with Linux command line, Linux scripting (bash), and MS-Windows scripting (preferably with Powershell)
- Basic understanding of software development processes and practices
- Ability to set priorities and to work under tight deadlines;
- Work independently as well as in a team;
- Easiness to communicate at all levels;
- Fluency in spoken and written English with additional languages considered an asset.
SES and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. In conformity with U.S. Government technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and/or other applicable U.S. law, regulation or other requirements imposed by the U.S. Goverment, certain positions may require U.S. Citizenship, status as a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or a "protected individual" as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligibility to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.