Tenneco'sMotorparts(DRiV)isaworldleaderin the internationalautomotiveaftermarket built from the combined strengths of Tenneco, Federal-Moguland Ohlins with 31 of the best knownand respectedaftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100 years or older. Our colleagues throughout 25 countriesaround theworldworkas one team,drivingadvancements that help our customers get the most from every vehicle, every ride, every raceand every journey.
We are looking for a Purchasing Manager. The Purchasing Manager Holds the responsibility for the relationship with suppliers, towards the allocated portfolio, for obtaining, maintaining, improving the conditions of performance, quality, OSH, cost, payment deadlines - Improving cash flow, delivery deadlines, rationalization of supply; Covering the requirements requested by the beneficiary.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Responsible of implementing the policies of the local region and global Organization of acquisitions at the plant level.
- Works closely with other functions/entities DRiV/Corporate Supply Chain to ensure that the AOP objectives are achieved regarding the purchase of goods and services at plant level.
- Coordinate acquisition projects in collaboration with other local or international colleagues to eliminate duplication or conflicts of activities.
- Manages the local/DRiV implementation of the acquisition contracts for goods and services;
- Identify best practices in purchasing products and services and implement them as such in the plant;
- Manages discrete projects according to business requirements;
- Require recovery mechanisms for cost drivers in the projects when necessary.
- Ensure compliance with the approval procedures according to Schedule of Executive Approvals and their implementation at plant level.
- Knows and is aware of the importance of its activity and how it contributes to achieving quality objectives (impact in product quality, contribution to achieving, maintaining and improving quality, including consequences in case of Requirements of clients).
- Supplier identification and evaluation specifically for indirect services.
- Negotiates and manages the contracts of indirect goods and services, including long-term supply agreements (Long/Short Term Supply/Goods Agreements-LTA), confidentiality agreements (Non Disclosure Agreements-NDA), etc
- Identify negotiation strategies that support the needs of beneficiaries and ensure that all contracts offer the optimal protection of DRiV goods/services;
- Collaborate with Legal departments and purchasing from DRiV locations to develop contractual approvals for indirect materials that offer maximum benefit and optimum flexibility.
- Performs financial analyses, participates in the process of performing the specification, defines the evaluation strategy and selection criteria.
- Leads the SAP/QAD implementation project/system for modules dedicated to the acquisition of indirect materials.
- Provides training to department members for the use of procurement systems.
- Responsible for the main indicators of the activity of indirect materials acquisitions and services: increasing the payment deadline and implementing consignment contracts.
- Manages the common regional suppliers with the other factories, where the expense of the resective DRiV plant with that supplier is higher than the other factories.
- Maintains a higher visibility on the prioritization of projects for the respective DRiV plant, based on schedules and forecast and provides support to project partners for escalating to leadership on potential conflicts in execution.
- Capable of providing support as requested by supervisor.
- Manages ECN parts after SOP plus six months.
- Ensure sufficient capacity is maintained/installed at Suppliers to meet demand requirements.
- Initiates the process of evaluating/reevaluating suppliers, centralizing feedback received from all involved partners (OSH, quality, process).
Education:Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business / Materials Management or Logistics required, MBA preferred.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in Purchasing/Procurement and / or a Materials Management related field with a preference towards high volume manufacturing related industries
- Strong background and proven experience with high level supplier negotiations and materials management.
- Possess ability to assess supply market trends and characteristics
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled