HUMINT Staff Operations Officer
Orbis Operations is a leading Irregular Warfare training and consulting firm supporting the US Department of Defense and Intelligence Community as well as commercial clients.
Orbis is currently seeking a full-time Staff Operations Officer (SOO) to support a client's operational requirements in the DC area. The position requires an active Top Secret and Sensitive Compartmented Information with a polygraph examination. Successful candidate will work well in team environments and will be capable of operating independently with minimal supervision. Candidate will interact with customer personnel at all levels within the customer organization. The position requires prior experience supporting HUMINT operations and the Intelligence Community.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The primary function of a SOO is to manage the two-way dialogue between the client and offices in the field necessary to drive operations to success. Inaddition, theyprovide operational guidance and operational case management and are responsible for program management, from traditional operational activities to specialized operations.SOOs will utilize customer-specific databases to conduct multiple layers of research and write summaries, reports, official correspondence, and guidance.Daily activities include:
- Manage a full range of operational and support activities for overseas missions
- Serve as the primary point of contact for a volume of ongoing cases
- Provide operational guidance for ongoing cases, ensuring any CI issues are identified to protect the client's personnel and facilities
- Design particular classified activities, propose recommendations, and identify the pros/cons of possible operational scenarios
- Coordinate legal and policy issues affecting cases
- Provide briefings on cases to senior customer officials, identifying potential issues on cases
Additionally, officers will provide a limited amount of administrative assistance in support of team personnel.Candidates will be expected to demonstrate proficiency in classified databases and develop relationships with various operational components to meet the client's requirements.
- TS/SCI with Polygraph and prior experience in supporting HUMINT operations.
- Bachelors degree required
- SOO Certification a plus
- Ability to plan and organize tasks independently
- Exercise sound operational judgment
- Strong written and oral communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to pose creative solutions to operational challenges
Orbis Operations is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Orbis Operations is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.