SOC is a trusted global provider of mission solutions with a history of assuring safe and effective operations for U.S. Government and commercial customers. SOC provides a guarantee of discrete and effective service so that customers can do their best work. We employ over 5,000 professionals engaged in the delivery of mission critical safeguards and security, facility management and operations, engineering, explosive ordnance storage and disposal, and international logistics and life support services. Our customers include the U.S. Departments of State, Energy, and Defense, Fortune 500 companies, and non-governmental organizations.
- Supervises weapon requalification training in overseas locations.
- Plans and coordinates weapons requalification training.
- Ensures that all equipment, weapons, ammunition, and materials are on-hand for training.
- Conduct requalification firing.
- Operate and conduct training on the firearms simulator training system.
- Responsible for all installation, preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of the firearms simulator training system, including but not limited to:
- Set up and installation of firearms simulator training systems.
- Operate firearms simulator training system in all modes.
- Troubleshoot firearms simulator training system problems.
- Conduct technician-level maintenance on firearms simulator training system and all system components.
- Remove failed components for repair or replacement on the firearms simulator training system.
- Install replacement parts on the firearms simulator training system.
- Coordinate with DS/OPO/WPS and the system manufacturer for higher level repair or warranty service for the firearms simulator training system to include the return of malfunctioning system and components.
- Must be a US citizen.
- US Passport and US State Driver's License required
- Military discharge must be Honorable
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of applicable experience.
- A minimum of one (1) year of this experience must include experience in static guard or emergency response services.
- Experience may be gained in the employ of any national, state, provincial, local, or commercial entities providing armed high threat protective services that require skills similar to those identified in the PSS or guard training course
- Must possess a minimum of one (1) year of experience working as a full-time equivalent (FTE) firearms instructor, this experience must have been earned as part of other federal, state, or local government training assignments.
- Must possess a minimum of one (1) year of experience working as a full-time equivalent (FTE) firearms simulation trainer.
- Must possess valid certifications for technician-level training from the manufacturer or other source of instruction approved by DS/OPO/WPS on the firearms simulation training system
Upon approval, and before beginning work on the contract, the FI/SOT shall:
- Attend and successfully complete the NPSS training course
- Attend and successfully complete the DS BFFOC as specified in SOW
- Qualify with the Glock-19, M4, M203, M240, M249, and Remington 870 shotgun, re-qualifying as required by the task order.
- Obtain and maintain a personnel security clearance/public trust certification as identified in the task order.
- Complete the WPS Physical Readiness Test at the 50% performance level, and maintain that fitness level for the duration of his/her service on the task order.
- Possess no impediments to traveling overseas to and within countries that are considered dangerous or unhealthy in general, or to the country or countries assigned in the applicable task order in specific.
We expect this position will be included in the recent federal Executive Order (EO) and subsequent guidance, requiring federal contractors and employers with more than 100 employees to implement a vaccine mandate; therefore, it is expected that anyone hired into this position will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencement of employment in accordance with the EO and any subsequent guidance, unless an accommodation is legally required.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability