First Citizens Bank is one of the top financial services providers in the nation, recognized and awarded for our customer satisfaction, sustainable profitability, and overall stability and security. Our associates make First Citizens Bank a great place for our clients to do business. Those who grow, achieve and succeed with First Citizens Bank are those who share our core values of integrity, service excellence and stability.
The Information Technology organization at First Citizen’s has established a summer internship program to invest in our future workforce. The program is designed to provide an opportunity for you to apply classroom knowledge in a corporate IT environment while delivering tangible value to the organization.
First Citizens Bank is seeking multiple Interns for our Summer 2021 program. Interns may work in the following areas:
Business Systems Analysis:
- Business & System Requirements
- Technical Design
- Implementation Planning
IT Business & Data Analytics:
- Data analytics & reporting
- ETL Programming
- Business Process improvement
- Financial analysis & reporting – Excel programming
In addition, each Intern will be given the following opportunities:
- Assigned to a manager who can help guide you through the program on a daily basis.
- Assignment of a mentor to help facilitate a broader view of the Information Technology function.
- Additionally, a peer advisor will be established to assist the Intern in being successful with navigating organization, political, and cultural landscapes.
- Participation in unique technology or banking related training events.
- Involvement in networking and team-building events.
- A project designed to improve a defined process within the Information Technology function will be assigned to each Intern to plan and execute during the internship.
- A wrap-up presentation will be prepared by the Interns to be shared with the Chief Information Officer and other key leaders in the company to outline their accomplishments and experience during the internship.
- 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration, Accounting, Mathematics, Analytics or Economics.
- Currently enrolled as a Junior, Senior or in a Master’s Program.
- Currently enrolled at NC A&T State University, NC State University, East Carolina University, UNC Charlotte, UNC Wilmington, Campbell, UNC Pembroke, Appalachian State or North Carolina Central University.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants on the bases of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.