Up To 25%
ASC - Rochester NH-00075
85 Innovation Drive, Rochester, New Hampshire 03867
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following values: Safety, Respect, Accountable, Innovation, Passion and Integrity. Put Safety first at all times, never compromise on safety for the obtainment of other objectives. Responsible for health and safety of themselves and coworkers.
This position will focus on identifying and managing reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations. The responsibilities include:
- Works with equipment design engineers to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations.
- Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans. Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment, technical MRO suppliers, and technical maintenance service providers.Work with the Equipment Design Engineers to write performance requirements for equipment development or engineering projects.
- Participates in the final run off of new installations. This includes factory and site acceptance testing that will assure adherence to functional specifications and AEC Installation and Operational Qualifications.
- Guides efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, and facilities.
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines maintenance plans that include:
*Value-added preventive maintenance tasks
*Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost, or regulatory compliance issues. To fulfill this responsibility, the reliability engineer applies:
- Data analysis techniques that can include:
*Statistical process control
*Reliability modeling and prediction
*Fault tree analysis
*Six Sigma (6) methodology
*Root cause analysis (RCA) and root cause failure analysis (RCFA)
- Leads the Reliability Centered Maintenance team to address Functions, Functional Failures, and Failure Modes in production equipment
- Leads the OEE implementation and sustainability initiatives
This role includes coordination of related activities of a cross-functional teams that includes both internal and external resources involved in the installation, fabrication, and assembly for new manufacturing equipment. Must be able to develop and implement modifications and upgrades to existing equipment, including make vs. buy decisions.
In this capacity the Facilities and Equipment Reliability Engineer shall:
- Support the Company's production equipment.
- Be responsible for installation, qualification, and reliability initiatives for production equipment.
- Manage vendor contracts and budgets for equipment installation, relocations, and modifications related projects in accordancewith purchase orders executed by AEC's procurement team.
- Assist in the integration of safety controls and devices as appropriate in all manufacturing equipment.
- Coordinate both the planning and tactical execution of manufacturing process and equipment installation, optimization and modifications.
- Solicit and assist procurement in the evaluation of bids and proposals as they relate to vendor selection and project management of equipment development related goods, subcontractors, and services.
- Manage/support equipment development related capital projects as assigned.
- Support production with troubleshooting and repairs in the area of expertise.
* Extensive knowledge of mechanical engineering and standards.
* Extensive knowledge of lean principles including Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE), Operational Availability (OA) and sound 5's principles
* 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering with emphasis on Reliability engineering preferred. Experience may be substituted for education at management's discretion.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft software (MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel, Project) to enable the creation of work instruction and other maintenance documentation.
* CAD, Solid Works
* Troubleshooting and testing experience
* Ability to create, understand and interpret engineering drawings
- Leadership per the AI leadership competency model including these key abilities:
- Customer Focus
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Well organized and disciplined.
- Able to identify problems and willing to make decisions.
- Able to set and balance priorities.
- Able to work on multiple projects in parallel.
- International experience a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran