Dynalectric is seeking a highly talented Senior Estimator for major construction projects in the Washington D.C. Area. This position is located in the Dulles Virginia office.
Position Title: Senior Estimator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advanced use capabilities of Accubid software estimating system and the ability to input information is required. Must be able to move easily within the system and be experienced in the building of assemblies.
- Expert knowledge/understanding of all electrical work and materials required.
- Understanding of the NEC National Electric Code
- Receive assignments from Chief Estimator and/or Pre-Construction Manager to perform daily duties
- Help train and assist less experienced estimating staff when and if necessary
- Develop budget estimates by performing accurate quantity take offs using plans and specifications, or conceptual information.
- Capable of accurately taking off multiple electrical systems and entering items into estimating program (Accubid). Systems to include but not to the following: (lighting, lighting control, dimming, devices, fire alarm, nurse call, A/V, modular wiring, grounding, , motor and equipment connections, generators, power distribution equipment, feeders, UPS, etc.
- Must be familiar with industry manufacturers/vendors/Reps and be able to communicate sufficient information (specifications, quantities, sketches) to the vendor to ensure the receipt of accurate and competitive pricing. Maintains the communication throughout the bid preparation process and forwards any addendums to the vendor.
- Managing multiple projects and deadlines with ability to prioritize and complete tasks
- Review, interpret and accurately estimate the scope of assigned work as described in the project documents.
- Must understand full the use of drawing symbols as they relate to various systems. i.e. fire alarm, lighting, Lighting control systems, switches, receptacles, motors, power distribution equipment etc.
- Must be able to develop bid day vendor/subcontractor Bid Comparison Sheets for all major equipment/subcontract packages
- Must be able to recognize/identify potential discrepancies and errors in documents and develop RFI questions for timely response. Any/all information of this type should be reviewed with the Chief Estimator/Supervisor for proper response and resolution.
- Solicit and collect subcontractor and vendor bids or quotations.
- Develop and nurture subcontractor/vendor and client relationships
- Evaluate changes and prepare change order estimates. Provide expertise in all phases of electrical work.
- Review schedule and constructability issues
- Help Prepare conceptual estimates from minimal design information.
- Prepare general conditions/requirements estimates for projects
- Ensure flow of project information is maintained and documented
- Must be a team player who works well with all other employees in the department and participates actively in training.
- Work and collaborate with Team Members throughout the company for specific project needs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift or move up to 30 pounds infrequently.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F Vet Disabled