12575 Uline Drive, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
At Uline, our products are always in stock, ready to ship. This is how we fulfill our service promise to our customers. In the Purchasing department, you'll make sure every location has enough supply to cover the growing demand.
Better together than apart. This position is on-site, and we are looking for good people who share our passion.
Uline is proud to operate as a drug-free workplace. All new hires must complete a pre-employment drug screening.
- Collaborate and utilize "like item" demand history to develop new item forecasts.
- Set corporate and branch inventory policy.
- Establish supply chain pre-buy strategies along with ramp-up / ramp-down plans for seasonal product lines.
- Utilize established demand planning tools to review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, develop forecast models and evaluate forecast results.
- Provide input and establish inventory strategies on new products, existing items and product phase-outs.
- Support management with risk assessments and mitigation activities such as scenario planning and capacity analysis.
- Work closely with buyers and merchants to ensure supply chain backorders are minimized.
- Measure performance by creating and / or providing metrics and measurements, as well as exception management reports, to analyze program effectiveness and opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2 - 3 years experience in supply chain, purchasing, demand forecasting or related fields.
- Solid understanding of supply chain / inventory management practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of demand planning / forecasting software a plus.
- Complete insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and wellness programs.
- 401(k) with 5% employer match.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Bonus programs that include annual performance, sales goals and profit sharing.
- Scholarship program for children of employees.
- On-site cafe with executive chefs and seasonal dinner-to-go options.
- First-class fitness center with complimentary personal trainers.
- Over four miles of beautifully maintained walking trails.
- Numerous employee appreciation events throughout the year.
- Professional development classes and monthly in-house speakers.
Uline is North America's leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials. We're a family-owned company known for incredible service, our 800+ page catalog of over 37,500 quality products and same-day shipping of our huge in-stock inventory. With over 7,000 employees across 12 locations, it's time you joined Uline.
Uline provides the essential supplies needed to keep organizations operational and productive. To protect the health and safety of our employees, we have modified our normal operating policies in response to COVID-19.
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months in case a great opportunity opens for you to join our Uline family.