Tenneco is one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
This position will lead and coordinate various engineering activities including team activities in support of value stream's objectives. It is responsible for supervising and providing direction in the manufacturing engineers' daily activities and owns the performance review process, development plans, performance improvement plans and exit plans for manufacturing engineering resources within the value stream. This position also coordinates the planning, execution and follow up on capital expenditure projects.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Coordinate team activities in support of value stream's objectives.
- Acts as a first filter in the manufacturing engineer recruiting process
- Responsible for supervising and providing direction in the manufacturing engineers' daily activities.
- Owns the performance review process, development plans, performance improvement plans and exit plans for manufacturing engineering resources within the value stream.
- Coordinates the planning, execution and follow up on capital expenditure projects.
- Coordinates the planning, execution and follow up on cost savings and productivity projects
- Coordinate manufacturing process projects including tooling, equipment, and automation.
- Collaborates with vendors and contractors for various supporting activities
- Leads project teams to the successful implementation of various manufacturing projects.
- Support current manufacturing processes, focusing on scrap reduction, equipment efficiencies, and other cost saving initiatives.
- Responsible for applying engineering principles and analytical techniques to establish and continuously improve manufacturing processes and products.
- Investigate and solve problems related to tooling, equipment, and processes.
- Analyzes and plans equipment capacity, work force utilization, space requirements and workflow, designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Develop, recommend, and implement changes which will result in the improvement of manufacturing processes and or product quality.
- Help Supervisors train department personnel in safety, setup, operations and troubleshooting of existing and new equipment.
- Estimate production rates, setup and tooling cost for inquiry and new part setup.
- Targets to reduce customer concerns and external and internal PPM and to Eliminate, Reduce Reuse, or Recycle natural resources.
- Ensure engineering team procedures and practices comply with defined TS16949 and ISO 14001 procedures and work instructions.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year accredited college or university in a related engineering field
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled