Technology Leader - Materials
Up To 25%
3601 Electric City Blvd., Kaukauna, Wisconsin 54130
The Technology Leader will work independently, and, as a member of a project team, performing technical work requiring application of standard as well as custom-developed procedures. This function serves as a high level resource, specific to expertise in Polymeric Materials, Testing, and Processing. Strong problem solving, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are essential. Albany International is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
Safety and Procedures:
- Follow all publicized safety policies/procedures and JIBS applicable to the job.
- Use appropriate PPE that has been identified on the Hazard Analysis for the department/role.
- Attend and participate in all safety training, safety meetings, audits and Behavior Based Safety programs assigned.
- Report all safety hazards observed. If capable, correct the safety hazard identified.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conducts benchtop tests and/or pilot trials on multiple projects both independently and as a team member
- Builds and tests prototypes of new product concepts
- Produces documents, summarizes, interprets and reports data in support of an assigned R&D project and/or technical service task
- Generates ideas for research or new products
- Leads, plans, conducts, schedules and coordinates projects
- Uses knowledge and understanding of the manufacturing equipment and testing processes to solve problems encountered in collecting data during testing or pilot trials.
- Exercises judgement on the progress of the work and makes changes to tasks as needed
- Delivers written reports and/or oral technical presentations on test or pilot trial results to leaders and managers
- Designs custom equipment modifications or develops custom test methods as needed
- Develops resources outside and inside the company
- Travels to conduct trials at both supplier and customer locations as needed.
- Reads, understands and is committed to conducting business in accordance to Albany International's Business Ethics Policy. All business of the company should, at all times, be conducted ethically, fairly, honestly and with integrity.
- Competency in Polymeric Materials with an ability to lead projects and solve internal problems related to their discipline.
- Ability to lead and direct teams
- Applied Statistics and Design-of-Experiments Methodology
- Competency in Thermoplastic, Thermoset, and Photo Polymer processing technology
- Competency in polymeric materials used in the manufacture of engineered industrial products
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- 5+ years experience in Industrial applications
Field of Study: Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or Polymer Chemistry Discipline
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran