M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,600 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
|The Fire Alarm Technician 2 provides high quality customer support through on-site service, complex troubleshooting, programming, installation and maintenance services of various FA Systems under little to none supervision.
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and perform testing and inspection of large fire alarm systems per NFPA and local code standards, noting existing and potential deficiencies;
- Perform complete site surveys for potential PM inspections and FA system changes/modifications, prepare corresponding quotations;
- Program and service fire alarm systems of various models;
- Troubleshoot various FA systems including Notifier, Siemens, Edwards, Gamewell, Honeywell, Firelite, etc.
- Perform mid-size FA system upgrades and installation based on provided drawings and submittals;
- Perform pre-testing and final inspections for assigned projects;
- Perform PITCO activities;
- Complete job-related documents including ROC, Test Forms etc.;
- Be on rotation to respond to afterhours service calls as scheduled by supervisor;
- Ensure compliance with all applicable codes and standards.
- Perform online research, installation manuals, manufacture manuals to determine materials requirements and installation procedures;
- Provide training to apprentices and crewmembers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE OR EQUIVALENT
- MS Office Suite of products
- Calculations - Battery Sizing, Voltage Drop
- Silent Knight FA programming software
- Keypad programming for various FA Systems
PHISICAL AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS & OTHER SKILLS
- 5 years of relevant experience or
- 2 years technology degree and 3 years of relevant experience
- High School Diploma (required)
- Lift at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time;
- Relocate a 12 foot stepladder without assistance;
- Work at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders;
- Walk, climb, lift, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull and reach overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools;
- Work overtime as directed by supervisor;
- Must be willing to work on M.C. Dean, Inc. projects anywhere;
- Must be able to pass a background check;
- Must be able to pass random drug screening;
- Must have valid driver's license, good driving records to operate a MC Dean vehicle as part of this job requirement;
- Must consistently report to work on time, work well with other employees to accomplish a common goal, and maintain a safe work environment;
- Advanced troubleshooting including researching online, system manuals to resolve problems;
- Knowledge of NFPA 72, NEC, Fire Alarm System Theory, OSHA Requirements, and Industry Standards for Fire Alarm systems installation.
- Possess NICE Fire Alarm Systems Level II or
- Pass NICET II exam within 90 days of employment
- Ability to obtain US clearance.
- Above average level of attention to detail and professional work ethic.
- Commitment to excellence and a high quality of work.
- Ability to function in a controlled, effective manner under stress.
- High level of customer service.
- Strong desire to continuously increase your skill set and take on more responsibility.
- Above average communication skills with customers, other field personnel, office staff and sub-contractors