To repair, build/rebuild, and maintain factory equipment and grounds.
1. Communicate to operators on other shifts regarding production.
2. Receive instructions and work orders.
3. Prioritize work.
4. Diagnose complex problems - may need to review blueprints and manuals and retrieve needed supplies and tools manually or by pushcart.
5. Repair, replace, and adjust mechanical equipment.
6. Dismantle and rebuild defective equipment.
7. Relocate and install equipment according to blueprints.
8. Design and/or construct items from sketches or blueprints.
9. Maintain plant facilities, i.e. repairing roof, changing light bulbs, installing items, etc.
10. Inspect vacuums, compressors, air conditioners, boilers daily and make needed repairs and adjustments.
11. Maintain and enter computer information.
12. Inform proper person(s) of recommendations and supplies needed for job.
13. Check wastewater treatment tanks and make adjustment to get chemicals at proper levels and record results.
14. Perform start-up and shut down operations.
15. Respond to plant emergencies, i.e. fire, tornado, etc.
16. Properly manage process waste and/or hazardous waste and attend annual training class.
17. Responsible for quality of product and notifying appropriate persons of any issues.
18. Clean equipment and work area.
19. Other duties as required.
Lift maximum of 85 lbs. occasionally and average weight of 15 lbs. frequently which may be from floor to above head.
2. Push and/or pull items frequently which requires physical strength equivalent to lifting no more than 85 lbs.
3. Must be able to differentiate series of numbers and/or letters.
4. Corrected vision must be 20/40 far vision and 20/40 near vision.
5. Stand and/or walk on cement up to 8 hours a day.
6. Have effective use of all 4 limbs or equivalent use of prosthesis.
7. Document information accurately and legibly.
8. Be of a height of 4'8" to operate controls and to have unobstructed view.
9. Occasionally work in confined areas up to 8 hours a day.
10. Work in all positions such as crawling on floor, squatting, bending at waist and twisting, leaning forward, reach above head, extend arms in all positions.
11. Go up and down stairs occasionally.
12. Must be able to work at all heights.
13. Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
14. Enter data correctly into computer from hand written document or from own knowledge.
15. Occasionally work in area where temperature reaches up to 130 degrees for intervals of 1 hour.
16. Must pass medical evaluation and fit testing and tolerate wearing a respirator.
17. Above average mechanical aptitude.
18. Basic math skills.
19. Complete tow motor operator training and pass tow motor operator test.