Orbis Operations is a leading consulting firm supporting the US Department of Defense and Intelligence Community.
Orbis Operations is seeking a full-time Military Occupational Specialist, with a background in personnel management, to support systems and processes to ensure organizational success. A successful candidate must work well in team environments and be capable of operating independently with minimal supervision. This person will be expected to effectively interact with all levels of personnel within the client organization and will spend 70% of their time in overseas.
Job Description:The primary functions of the full-time Military Occupational Specialist will be to develop and implement an effective organizational structure, including full spectrum HR support.
- Support the client in the establishment of a dedicated and formalized structure to manage military intelligence and security assignments.
- Determine and implement the specific structure and personnel for military intelligence required at each relevant organizational level
- Develop a matrix with detailed requirements by billet: e.g. seniority, prior experience, etc.
- Create and define appropriate hierarchical lines of responsibility with respect to intelligence-related operating principles, organization, training, equipment, etc.
- Outline expected career tracks for personnel, establishing career development accession and standards to include training, experiential and skill-based requirements for all levels within the organization
- Establish training and course requirements to include knowledge and skills conveyed at each level.
- Establish and/or harmonize operating principles to streamline information flows, policies and procedures, and infrastructure needs to increase the quality and quantity of information sharing across the organization.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- A minimum of five-year's experience working in the US Military or intelligence community.
- Demonstrated regional and/or functional expertise or a working knowledge of geographic regions of interest to the United States, including the Middle East.
- Ability to live and work in foreign environments and communicate cross culturally with impact.
- Strong written and oral communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Candidates with experience working with foreign organizations on behalf of the US Military or intelligence community are strongly preferred.
- Arabic language skills or regional expertise are preferred.
Orbis Operations is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, or protected veteran status.