Methode Electronics, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Senior Accountant to join our growing organization based in Chicago, IL. You will work closely with Corporate and Business Unit Controllers and will be responsible for assisting with financial reporting and financial close for Corporate and Business Units. You will perform all work in support of our financial operations including miscellaneous assignments and special projects. This is an ideal role for an individual who is interested in working within a growing company offering professional growth opportunities.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Assist with month-/quarter-/year-end closing activities (journal entries, reserve calculations, inventory valuation, account reconciliations, etc.)
- Help with monitoring of inventory, inventory accounting (e.g., standard cost updates) and annual physical inventories
- Assist with construction-in-process project spend tracking and fixed asset maintenance
- Track prepaid expenses on a monthly basis
- Assist in other functions (e.g., accounts receivable, accounts payable)
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Help with audit requests from internal and external auditors and preparation of audit documents
- Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong understanding of accounting fundamentals required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) certification is a plus
- Experience with a publicly-held, Automotive and /or manufacturing experience is a plus
- Advanced Excel skills (PowerQuery, Pivot tables, Lookups, etc.) is a big plus
- Hands-on, hard-working, detail-oriented
- Thrives on change, creative ideas and working with teams
- Pro-active, energetic, results-driven
- Effective communicator, in person and in writing
- Continuous improvement, learning and self-development mentality
- Ability to interact with employees and third parties in a professional manner
- Availability for domestic and international travel, as required, between 5%-10%
How We Protect Employees and Candidates:
The safety of our employees and our candidates is paramount as we manage through the COVID-19 pandemic. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with any related changes to our work processes.
We have implemented the following to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our offices and facilities including:
• Individual offices or widely spaced workstations; temperature checks, COVID-19 testing, regular cleaning, masks and hand sanitizer.
• Temporary work from home options based on position.
• Suspension of non-essential travel.
• Virtual interviews via phone/video and remote onboarding/training, where feasible.
Methode Electronics is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: EEO Poster, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (708) 867-6777 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.