EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic/Apprentice
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic/Apprentice in Washington, DC. The Maintenance Mechanic/Apprentice will receive general supervision from the Chief Engineer or other designated authority. Maintenance mechanic assists other trades mechanics and engineers with major tasks, repairs and other duties as assigned
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the operation, maintenance and repair of all mechanical, plumbing, electrical, life safety systems and other equipment at assigned sight.
- Schedule and perform preventive maintenance on various types of equipment, to include electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems.
- Performs preventive and reactive equipment maintenance.
- Quickly responds to and resolves tenant service requests and documents actions within the FIT system.
- Performs general building maintenance and repairs, including re-lamping, plumbing, locksmithing, and painting equipment, mechanical, related spaces and other minor spot and touch-ups as needed.
- General knowledge of safe work practices and OSHA regulations, OSHA 10 training is preferred.
- General capability with the operation of a PC and BAS.
- This position requires a regular, scheduled work shift set by the supervisor.
- As essential building personnel the responsibilities of this position occasionally require overtime, weekend and holiday work on a scheduled, short-notice or emergency basis.
- Ability to walk, stand, and lift heavy objects for an extended amount of time.
- Ability to act competently during emergencies.
- Use a variety of power tools to perform job function.
- Read and comply with work orders concerning service, modification, or installation of equipment.
- Monitor, identify and respond promptly to malfunctioning of equipment.
- Work well in a team environment
- Must be able to obtain a Secret or Top Secret Clearance.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veteran/Disabled