Following Tenneco's expected separation to form two new, independent companies, an Aftermarket and Ride Performance company (DRiV) as well as a new Powertrain Technology company, the new Tenneco will be one of the world's largest pure-play powertrain companies serving OE markets worldwide with engineered solutions addressing fuel economy, power output, and criteria pollution requirements for gasoline, diesel and electrified powertrains.
Tenneco's Bearings plant in Blacksburg, Virginia is looking for experienced toolmakers.
We are ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Human Resources to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly.
- Set up and operate various machines consistent with the Tool & Die trade including but not limited to Lathes, Mills, Drills, Saws, Shapers, Die repair and rework, etc. in order to produce required product from prints, samples, and sketches.
- Reviews prints in order to plan sequence of operations required for job.
- Selects proper materials to be used including type of steel, machines, tooling, gauging instruments, etc.
- Uses various types of gauging and measuring instruments in order to check and dimensionally verify the
part being used.
- Assists in the design, manufacture and development of new tools or processes working closely with engineering and other department personnel.
- Troubleshoots and develops corrective actions for tooling or process related problems on production
- Qualified journeyman card holder, must have completed and provide evidence of having completed an approved apprentice program or have a minimum of5 year's experience and be able to provide evidence of such.
- High school diploma required.
- Must possess own tools including but not limited to micrometers, depth mics, inside mics, calipers, indicators, radius gages, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled