Tenneco is one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers and marketers serving the light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial and aftermarket industries. Our colleagues throughout 25 countries around the world work as one team, driving advancements that help our customers get the most from every vehicle, every ride, every race, and every journey. With our product portfolio, dedication to quality, global reach, entrepreneurial setting and competitive strength, we're at a great place to build a lasting career.
We are looking for a Supplier Development Specialist. This position willsupport the implementation of supplier development strategies to significantly improve Tenneco global supply base, including SBU (strategic business unit) support in case of critical supplier quality and delivery issues to ensure the continuity of quality product supply to our Tenneco customers.
This Supplier Development Specialist will be a valued member of the Supplier Development department where we strive to promote from within wherever possible; therefore, opportunities for advancement are strong.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role.You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager.We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- On-site supplier development, helping with identification and development of suppliers, implementing quality and productivity improvement initiatives at existing suppliers using tools such as VA/VE, Six Sigma, Lean management practices, Best Practice technology, Risk assessment, Manufacturability review, APQP etc.
- Support Tenneco manufacturing plants and businesses on major critical quality and supplier issues. On site supplier problem solving (8D) support, containment set-up or production monitoring on a need-to-support basis. Ensure timely implementation of permanent corrective actions and resolution.
- Conduct assessments and evaluations of potential and benchmarked suppliers to support Commodity team supplier qualification and registration. Support Commodity teams to identify new suppliers in alignment with new product/customers performance requirements.
- Assess supplier's manufacturing capabilities, available capacity, manufacturing processes, technology and quality procedures. Provide technical assistance to supplier & commodity teams when required.
- Actively participate in sourcing decision making reviews with commodity teams; Stay abreast with new and emerging technologies and apply knowledge of international business climate to help source suppliers in global markets
- Support global purchasing needs during supplier transitions, supplier rationalization and localization programs. Support interface between suppliers and the SCM commodity teams to help new supplier launches.
- Drive supplier quality and productivity improvements.
- Conduct supplier quality audits as required. Review supplier's manufacturing processes and costs and prepare recommendations to effect cost reductions. Follow up with implementation of valid cost reduction ideas.
- Support establishing policies/procedures and initiatives to help improve the global supply base requirements and Tenneco supplier manual.
- Support cross-functional launch team design / Risk evaluation, manufacturability supplier review meetings to assure form, fit and function of product / assembly design intent.
- Follow up/monitor the APQP timeline and deliverable from Kick off through successful launch up to safe launch closure.
- Support BOS measures to establish supplier performance requirements. Track and monitor supplier quality performance and certifications.
- Able to train suppliers and peers on various problem solving methodology (8D, 5 Why's, 6M, Shainin, DOE, etc.);
- Travel up to 60%
EDUCATION: Master's degree preferred
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a supplier development engineer or a minimum of five (5) years of plant quality experience
- Related Business or Technical discipline experience (e.g., steel, stamping, forging, machining, casting, cold heading, electro plating, phosphate baths, rubber, plastic, heat treating, motors, pumps, sensors)
- Experience with assessment and audits TS, ISO, VDA audit certification desired. APQP, PFMEA, Quality statistic, Control Plan & Error proofing process training and practical experience required
- Ability to understand technical drawings and specifications
- Familiar with methodologies like 6 Sigma & Lean Manufacturing
- 6 Sigma certification and Lean Manufacturing preferred
- Knowledge of electromechanical manufacturing product and processes will be a plus
- Understand the GD&T rules; Trained Six Sigma Green Belt will be a plus
- NVH, rubber to metal, busing/mount industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability and skills to support supplier development activities, continuous improvement initiatives and quality management tools
- Demonstrated self-starter and able to work independently, as needed to execute strategies to meet goals
- Strong team player with further demonstrated ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled