The Quality Lab Technician is responsible for maintaining the operation of the Quality Labs which are designated work centers within the manufacturing environment. The development of the specific job tasks is the responsibility of the Quality Group Leader and/or the Quality Manager. However, the Quality Lab Technician may also receive input for tasks from Manufacturing Group Leaders, Value Stream Managers and Manufacturing Engineers in order to provide support in assessment, implementation, and maintenance of quality systems that meet or exceed IATF16949 and customer specific requirements.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Minimum Qualifications:
- Monitoring ongoing process performances by the regular review of data from the various control charts and functional tests as specified by the Control Plan. Control limits and associated Cpk or Ppk shall be recalculated and adjusted, as deemed necessary by the Quality Engineer; Assist with Gage R&R studies and Qualification Plans
- Maintain organization of assigned lab; Assure the lab contains the appropriate equipment and resources to conduct the necessary identified job tasks and maintain completed Quality records (i.e. IPC, IF, SPC, PMF) in designated storage location.
- Perform required testing per assigned area and layout inspection and functional testing to customer and internal specifications when needed.
- Assists in directing team members engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability.
- Responsible for reporting Quality Form Compliance by checking compliance to requirements for completing various quality forms correctly and at the current revision level. Typical quality forms are Process Monitoring Forms, SPC charts, In-Process Characteristics (IPC) and Inspection Forms. Monitor and maintain I charts as needed. Distribution of new or revised Control Plans, Quality Control Instructions and Inspection Forms. track Quality Alerts.
- Assist in disposition of non-conformance material; monitor all Hold Tags by filing copies and retaining records in Excel file. The Quality Lab typically acts as a resource for assistance in containment of suspect parts or quality problem resolution.
- Maintain and monitor all assigned measuring devices by track gages when due for calibration and assist Group Leader in providing alternate calibrated equipment if necessary
- Assist in Warranty Improvement process by analyzing parts from warranty and document and enter documentation into the Quality Tracking System.
- Perform teardowns of various levels of assemblies and components with complete analysis using problem solving tools to determine root cause of reject.
- Perform weld sectioning, rod case depth and various types of cut and etch on different types of materials.
- Able to work Overtime as required to support planning needs.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across various levels.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Experience reading drawings with a basic understanding of GD&T
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- 2 to 4 years related experience in Quality, Engineering, or Manufacturing.
- Computer skills
- Knowledge of GD&T
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled