Maintain efficient and safe operations of all equipment, machinery and building facilities to support plant operations in the manufacture of exhaust pipe components that meet production and quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle all materials and tools and perform all electrical, electronics, mechanical, hydraulics, and pneumatics maintenance and repair of all equipment, machinery and building facilities as needed.
- Identify and locate problems and take corrective action in a timely manner to reduce production downtime and to assure all equipment and machinery is in efficient and safe operating condition.
- Work Effectively on own without direct supervision but respond to other employees and supervisor's requests and work effectively in a team environment
- Locate, trouble shoot and repair breakdowns and problems of machinery and building facilities and complete required paperwork.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance on all equipment, machinery and facilities as scheduled, per guidelines and complete required forms and paperwork.
- Upgrade and rebuild equipment and machinery, install electrical drops, assemble new components, design new circuits, etc. as required to assure production lines are running correctly and safely and building facilities are maintained in good, safe condition.
- Use Lean principles, Quick Change Technology, Total Productive Maintenance, Cell Design, and 5S as a tool to help our plant run more efficiently.
- Employee must perform his/her job within acceptable safety, environmental, quality, productivity and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, handbooks and applicable work instructions.
- Overtime as required/requested.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop programs and program various Programmable Controllers.
- Complete all work assignments, following appropriate action plan and safety regulations to protect self and other employees.
- Communicate safety problems, suggestions to reduce breakdowns and status of repairs, etc. To production employees, Cell Leaders, Supervisors and Maintenance supervisors.*This list may not be all-inclusive and may include other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Hydraulics, and Pneumatics skills with training and experience in manufacturing environment
- Ability to demonstrate Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Hydraulics, Pneumatics Maintenance skills
- Completion of Industrial Maintenance courses or technical certificate preferred
- Two (2) years Associates Degree in Electronics (or similar discipline) preferred
- Knowledge of Relay Logic, Programmable Controllers, 3 - Phase Electrical Circuits / Motors and Direct and alternating Current Theory
- Ability to use Electrical and Electronic Test Equipment
- Ability to read and follow Blueprints, Schematics and other technical documentation
- Basic welding skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Safety Procedures and Regulations in working with Electrical and Mechanical functions at Tenneco Automotive
- Ability to work well on own without direct supervision but able to respond to directions and job assignments
- Ability to work well with other employees in a team environment
- Ability to locate, trouble - shoot and correct electrical, electronics and mechanical problems
- Flexibility to work long hours and other work schedules as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled