3601 Electric City Blvd., Kaukauna, Wisconsin 54130
KAU 8 HR Shift 1a
Pay starting at $27+/hour, climate controlled environment, competitive benefits! Flexibility to work a rotating 8-hour shift or straight 2nd shift from 2:00pm - 10:00pm.
The Seaming Technician is responsible for equipment up time and the day-to-day electrical and mechanical support for the Seaming department. This includes WIS, automatic and manual seaming machines, as well as, various support equipment. This position reports directly to the Maintenance Group Leader. Albany International is an Equal Opportunity Employer including veterans and disabled.
Safety and Procedures:
- Follow all publicized safety and environmental policies/procedures and JIBS applicable to the job.
- Use appropriate PPE that has been identified on the Hazard Analysis for the department/role.
- Attend and participate in all safety training, safety meetings, audits and Behavior Based Safety programs assigned.
- Report all safety hazards observed. If capable, correct the safety hazard identified.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interact/work with seamers daily to learn operation of machines as well as understand issues they are having
- Troubleshoot machine problems as they occur, document findings and what changes/fixes took place
- Perform preventive maintenance on machines, document findings, recommend improvements and/or changes to PMs
- Install new equipment as needed, participate in commissioning as needed
- Ensure seamers have gone through related materials and sign off before Seam Tech begins work.
- Understand spill containment policies, especially as pertains to Isopropyl, CRC, or other chemicals used in Seaming.With Seam Tech Coordinator, determine which process variables seamers should/shouldn't adjust, and what process variables Seam Techs should/shouldn't adjust.
- Proactively work with equipment support group, see list in department (e.g. Plant Engineer, Electrical Engineering Tech, etc.)
- Perform machine start-up with operators
- Other duties as directed.
- Reads, understands and is committed to conducting business in accordance to Albany International's Business Ethics Policy. All business of the company should, at all times, be conducted ethically, fairly, honestly and with integrity.
High School Diploma College diploma/Certificate X Bachelor Degree Masters degree
Field of Study: Associates Degree in Electromechanical Technology, Computer Control Engineering Technology, Automated Manufacturing Systems, or related degree strongly preferred. Willing to accept candidates currently obtaining degree/certificate. If candidate does not have a degree, he or she must complete Industrial Maintenance Certificate and Industrial Maintenance Diploma courses within 4 years. Proof of taking courses each semester must be shown.
- Computer proficient
- Safety conscious
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Polite, service-oriented mindset
- Available to travel for training (e.g. WIS training)
- One year work experience (Manufacturing)
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran