HUMINT Targeting Officer
Orbis Operations is a leading Irregular Warfare training and consulting firm supporting the US Department of Defense and Intelligence Community as well as commercial clients.
Orbis Operations is seeking a full-time Targeting Officer to support a client's operational requirements in the Washington, DC metro area. The position requires an active Top Secret/SCI clearance with a polygraph examination. A successful candidate must work well in team environments and will be capable of operating independently with minimal supervision. This person will be expected to effectively interact with customer personnel at all levels within the customer organization. The positions require prior experience in supporting HUMINT operations or familiarity with the Intelligence Community and its objectives.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The primary functions of Targeting Officers are to plan and implement intelligence collection, and counterintelligence operations against priority HUMINT targets. Additionally, Targeting Officers identify leads and empower core collectors by producing detailed targeting packages through the use of sophisticated analytical tools and in-depth analytical skills, knowledge and experience. Daily activities include:
- Review operational traffic for intelligence leads
- Draft comprehensive targeting packages in support of the client's objectives
- Engage operational components within the customer organization to address targeting requirements and develop new leads for operational exploitation
- Conduct detailed searches on items of operational interest and relay pertinent data to relevant customer components
What you will need:
- TS/SCI with a polygraph and experience related to intelligence research and targeting work is required.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
What will set you apart:
- Demonstrate regional and/or functional expertise or a working knowledge of geographic regions of interest to the United States, including the Middle East.
- Exercise sound operational judgment
- Strong written and oral communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to pose creative solutions to operational challenges
Orbis Operations is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Orbis Operations is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.