We are Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting.
We're the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Our passion for sustainability makes us one of the top 10 greenest companies in the world.
See#SignifyLifethrough the eyes of our employees!
Working as an Intern at Signify is dynamic. You will be working on critical projects that support the sales organization. We're greater together through peer learning in our globally diverse team, with different backgrounds and nationalities.
We're looking for a Sales Interns to help support the OEM Sales (Original Equipment Manufacturer) function in our Rosemont IL sales office.
As our Intern for OEM Sales you will...
- Learn and understand the basics of the LED Lighting Portfolio, Traditional Lighting Products, and Specialty Lighting including UV-C
- Learn concepts around marketing and selling to different level accounts Tier 1 through Tier 3 levels.
- Learn the supporting roles that are required to be effective in selling - Pricing, Order Management, Supply Chain, Data Management, and Credit.
- Develop Skills in supporting systems
- OEM Customer Training on MyLighting.com - perform one on one sessions with customers to help improve training as needed.
- Participate on Sales Call Activities/Road Map Activities for a set of accounts (a #2 rep) to gain sales/account experience
- Ad Hoc Customer Support - Customer specific projects/reports/presentation development.
- You will put together a presentation of your learnings and present to the Management team upon conclusion of your Internship.
What you'll need...
- Minimum GPA 3.0 strongly preferred
- Student must be actively enrolled in Bachelor's or Master's degree program
- Creative mindset and the ability to identify areas for process improvement
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Ability to manage timelines and activities while maintaining strong sense of urgency
- An energetic, and customer-centric attitude and ability to quickly forge productive and collegial relationships.
- Highly efficient with ability to multi-task across a broad set of deadline-oriented tasks and with minimal supervision
- Interest or experience in Sales, Sales Operations, lead generation, marketing, business operations.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without current or future company sponsorship needs
What you'll get in return...
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform, free training and coaching
- Opportunity to buy Signify products with discount
- This role could lead to a full time at-will position within Signify
What we promise...
We're committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team. #WeAreSignify #SignifyLife
Concerning US based roles: Signify is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status. As an equal opportunity employer, Signify is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.