Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Secret
Research Scientist III
Naval Medical Research Unit - San Antonio
Parsons is seeking a Research Scientist III to provide support to the Naval Medical Research Unit - San Antonio and its collaborating institutions in the conduct of the following research areas: expeditionary and trauma medicine, cellular and immune based adjuncts for casualty care, directed energy and bioeffects in consonance with the mission of the Combat Casualty Care and Operational Medicine at NAMRU-SA.
- Provides supervision and guidance to junior scientist contract personnel in writing Government approved: protocol-driven research proposals, animal use protocols, human use protocols, technical reports, final reports, and peer-reviewed manuscripts.
- Provides guidance to junior scientist contract personnel on the evaluation of data sets (provided by the Government and collected by the Contractor); development of presentation materials, writing of Government approved SOPs for research under contract and presenting findings at technical and professional meetings.
- Provides supervision for contract personnel during the preparation of experimental subjects and aid in the training and the development of experimental subjects for experimental procedures in accordance with approved animal or human use protocols.
- Provides support in the development and establishment of in vivo and in vitro model systems, data acquisition, and data analysis.
- Oversees contract personnel associated with research projects; manages research data.
- Performs surgical procedures on animal models for both survival and non-survival.
PhD in related field plus seven (7) years' experience.Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.