Through its people and brands, CNH Industrial delivers power, technology and innovation to farmers, builders and drivers all around the world. Each of its brands, including Case IH, New Holland Agriculture, Case and New Holland Construction, FPT Industrial, Capital, and Parts & Service, is a major international force in its specific sector.
The Controls Engineer will be responsible for the development of guidance and autonomous controls for agricultural and construction equipment. This position works closely with the Integration teams, Electrical, Software, Simulation, Test Lab, and Vehicle groups to design and develop control systems
- Assists in creating detailed product development and product launch plans.
- Evaluates and develops Guidance/ Autonomous controls and Artificial Intelligence technologies for CNHi vehicles.
- Develops target technologies to ensure efficient and timely completion of specific project milestones.
- Interfaces with vehicle engineering, software engineering and other departments to facilitate smooth launch of product.
- Works in a team to resolve issues with existing product lines related to Guidance, Electro-Hydraulic and Vehicle controls.
- Participates in design reviews, conducts DFMEAs, develops and manages validation plans.
- Provides team progress updates to direct manager or Competency Center managers as needed.
- Ensures the use of engineering standards, methodologies and global product development processes into engineering team’s daily work.
- Other duties will include as assigned.
The qualified candidate will have:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (electrical or mechanical) is required. Ph.D. or M.S. degree in engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in linear controls (classical and state space)/system engineering
- Minimum of 3 years in non-linear controls (e.g. Back stepping, Sliding mode)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow
- Design and development experience in Autoguidance and Autonomous controls
- Experience in real-time rapid control prototyping (dSpace, xPC target, NI etc.)
- Experience with online vehicle calibration (Control Desk, INCA, Vector tools etc.)
- Experience in developing Adaptive controls
- Experience working on agriculture and/ or construction equipment
- Knowledge in Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) tools
- An extensive amount of independent thinking is required
- Able to work under minimal supervision
CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and its supplement here.
If you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 1-800-889-4422 option 1 and then option 5, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read about our company’s commitment to pay transparency by clicking this link: pay transparency notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities