At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Rail Transit Electrical EIT / Engineer, we'll count on you to:
* Conduct analyses to develop electrical design options or recommendations, and assist in the preparation of cost estimates and specifications
* Perform routine electrical engineering assignments, with instruction from the Project Engineer or Project Manager regarding the expected results
* Work on projects with clear, specified objectives and limited variables
* Work on small projects, or assist more-senior engineers on larger projects
* Work with assistance from Project Engineers, other Electrical EITs or Technicians as needed
* Perform other duties as needed
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an Electrical emphasis
* EIT or ability to obtain, PE preferred.
* Strong computer skills using AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
* Desire to pursue growth opportunities and obtain registration
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
* Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an Electrical Rail Transit emphasis
* Previous experience with an architectural/engineering or engineering consulting firm
* Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED desired but not required
* Strong preference given to local candidates
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.