Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #52 on Engineering News-Record's list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT's Harrisburg Traffic Team is seeking a Project Engineer to be responsible for engineering design using knowledge of general engineering principles and practices to interpret, organize, execute and coordinate assignments with limited supervision. Acts as a technical advisor to less experienced engineers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform traffic engineering and operations related tasks through the application of relevant design criteria, standards, and processes including the systems engineering process
- Prepare traffic signal, signing, pavement marking, and intelligent transportation system (ITS) design plans
- Prepare maintenance and protection of traffic (MPT), transportation management plans (TMP), and detour plans for design projects
- Prepare operational studies for existing and emerging technologies as they relate to Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSMO)
- Develop construction cost estimates and prepare specifications
- Perform traffic safety and traffic analysis studies
- Coordinate with internal team members through the project development process
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related course work to Traffic Engineering from ABET accredited engineering program
- 6 - 10 years related experience outside of coursework
- Engineer-in-training certification or Professional Engineer license
- Experience with the Highway Capacity Manual and the Highway Safety Manual
- Experience with Highway Capacity Software and Synchro/Simtraffic
- Knowledgeable at using Vissim preferred
- Some experience or understanding of highway design preferred
- Knowledge of inroads or other design software a plus preferred
- Experience working with state and/or municipal clients preferred
Work is performed within a general office environment 95% of the time. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
Field work is required on occasion where work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Some lifting (up to 25 lbs) may be required as needed.
- Analytical Thinking
- Job Proficiency
- Creativity and Innovation
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management
- Integrity & Ethics
- Quality Service
Managerial Competencies (if Applicable)
- Managing Performance
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States