If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it's helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.Department OverviewBring your talent and skills to Motorola Solutions, as part of the Software Enterprise at the Salt Lake City Design Center. The Records and Evidence team develops software for public safety organizations to manage all forms of records and evidence. We build products to serve large cities that need sophisticated, customized workflows to smaller municipalities that need cost effective, end to end solutions. All of our systems are built scalable and highly reliable. We provide both cloud and on-premises solutions.
These efforts are all in support of our hybrid cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions for public safety customers. This team is part of the Software Enterprise division, which offers secure, reliable and efficient team communications, workflow and operational intelligence solutions for critical public safety and enterprise markets throughout the world. Our services use cloud computing infrastructure on AWS and Azure to build at scale.Job Description
Motorola Solutions is building talent pipelines to meet future hiring demands. This is a pipeline role, while there is not an immediate opening, we want to build relationships with prospective candidates like you. If your background is a match to our requirements, we'll follow up with an exploratory conversation.
- Perform as a contributing member of an advanced software development scrum team using modern software development techniques to produce world-class public safety software solutions in both on-premise and cloud-based environments
- Participate in formal and informal design and implementation activities producing mission-critical, real-time solutions that will affect the public directly and may save lives
- Develop requirements, code and create unit and other automated testing solutions for highly available and sophisticated enterprise level systems and services
- Provide engineering management with accurate effort estimates for projected work and produce documentation including User Stories and Tasks
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with technical leaders in a multi-team/multinational environment with teams spanning the globe
- Demonstrate flexibility and resilience in the face of changing technologies, priorities, and requirements
- Self-starter, able to understand and verbally express software development concepts in a clear manner and through the use of reports and other written artifacts.
- Experience with RDBMS such as MySQL, MariaDB, SQL Server and any NoSql distributed databases like Cosmos DB/DocumentDB/ DynamoDB
- In depth knowledge and working experience developing REST based APIs and implementing microservice principles and architectures
- Experience developing cloud based solutions in Azure or AWS (other similar enterprise level systems may be relevant)
- Proven ability to evaluate software quality through the use of functional testing, load testing, performance testing and techniques like network tracing, threat analysis, penetration testing, unit and exploratory testing
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.Basic Requirements
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%Relocation ProvidedNonePosition TypeExperiencedReferral Payment PlanNo
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field and 7+ years of software development experience
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.