At McLaren Engineering, we believe it is the optimal mix of talent, experience, passion and creativity that sets an engineering firm apart from its competition. The successes experienced by our Clients through their projects have proven that we can bring any thought, vision or daydream to fruition. There are no limitations, no boundaries, to the engineering challenges McLaren can meet.
The Lead Surveyor is a technical lead for all surveyor-related activities within the division. The Lead Surveyor is responsible for supporting the Principal of the division in ensuring the assigned division projects, initiatives and processes are in conformance with organization's established standards, policies and objectives. He/she will have an excellent technical background with strong leadership and mentorship skills and utilize best practices to provide expert technical guidance on all division work and deliverables.
Resource/Technical Management Responsibilities:
- Ensures the consistency and quality of work product delivered across the division.
- Provides training and technical leadership to surveyor personnel.
- Adheres to established standards for surveyor work and coordinates with the Technical Director to ensure that these are consistently updated to be at the forefront of surveying practice.
- Reviews manpower assignments to ensure staffing needs are met. Recommends and coordinates changes with project managers' and the Technical Director's approval.
- Works with the Technical Director to ensure staff is being appropriately used according to their strengths and/or professional development goals. This includes succession planning and developing recommendations for hires and terminations.
- Manages technical software and field equipment use and purchasing across division.
- Provide technical input to division-related business development and marketing activities. For example, writing key technical sections of proposals, determining if software/licenses are available for the RFP opportunity, verifying staff resources of adequate technical capabilities are available.
- Registered Land Surveyor and minimum of 12 years' experience in land surveying and management.
- Experience as a technical leader of a team of surveyors; excellent people skills for mentoring, coaching and developing professionals.
- Must be able to deliver results and manage work, people and processes from a central location.
- Excellent attention to detail and technical written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to thrive in a team focused environment and engage in creative, critical thought; takes initiative and can function at a high level on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Bachelor's degree in land surveying or a related field preferred.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be all inclusive. McLaren reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. McLaren is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
McLaren Engineering Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
McLaren Engineering Group is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. It is the policy of McLaren Engineering Group that applicants for employment are recruited, selected, and hired on the basis of individual merit and ability with respect to the position(s) being filled. McLaren Engineering Group prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, or any other status protected by applicable law.