|# of Openings||1|
LB Services is currently looking for a Senior Cost Estimator to fill a full time role at their Washington, DC location to support the LOGCAP V project.
All employees must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Prepare and coordinate full project and cost proposal estimates (e.g., cost models), inclusive of a Basis of Estimate (BOE) and supporting documentation required by the Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Assist the Proposal Manager in developing Aircraft, Defense, and Logistics project bid evaluations, including project cost models and schedules
- Responsible for developing final estimates, providing input/recommendations to project leadership team
- Preparing, leading, and/or supporting formal proposal cost review sessions to senior leadership
- Review contract documents to determine scope of work; review contract modifications to determine scope of work changes and impact on original estimates
- Develop strong professional relationships with domestic and international vendors
- Obtain bids and quotes for materials and services in a timely manner
- Prepare scope and bid package breakdowns for subcontract and vendor quotes
- Experience with large scale government bids and current task orders, including international bids that require understanding of the use of Expatriate, Local National, and Other Country National labor. Experience in the Middle East region is considered highly relevant.
- Experience working with projects at the $50M and above level
- Ability to read and analyze Performance Work Statement (PWS) and workload data
- Experience working on Base Operating Support Services (BOSS), fuel, power, and aviation services contracts estimating government proposals
- Bachelor's Degree plus 8 years of relevant experience
- 4 years' experience in a senior project estimating role(s) or 8+ years in senior project estimating roles (in lieu of degree)
- Proficiency utilizing RSMeans, Timberline, IFMA, GSA, and other estimating standards
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and applicability to developing acceptable cost estimates to the US Government
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project)
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a team environment
- Previous experience working with domestic and international subcontractors and vendors
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal