- Patient Care Area
- Responsible for maintenance of efficient and effective departmental operations
- Participates in enterprise-wide planning and implementing flexible, innovative and leading edge UI Health Care Delivery Model.
- Provides direct patient care and consultation for patients with special needs within the service line/unit patient population.
- Monitors patient care delivery activities and outcomes for quality and patient safety.
- Guides data gathering to identify major issues related to health care delivery within the models for enterprise-wide or unit level problem solving.
- Motivates and manages nurses, technicians, and other healthcare workers.
b. Manages the unit/service line's day-to-day clinical operations, including practice standards, staffing, budgets, fiscal management and quality improvement.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff development.
- Acts as a professional leadership role model.
- Manages, plans and monitors unit/service line activities.
- Hires, evaluates and counsel's unit/service line personnel
- Utilizes scheduling system to facilitate optimal staffing, scheduling and patient assignments
- Communicates effectively and maintains confidentiality with patients/families, medical staff, nursing staff and interdepartmental staff
- Advocates for patients, families, and their significant others, coworkers, community, and the nursing profession
- Promotes and supports Shared Leadership as the selected method of nursing governance
- Promotes collaboration between coworkers, all members of the health care team as well as patients, their families, and significant others
- Demonstrates the highest level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Communicates in an effective and professional manner to reach conflict resolution
- Actively participates in hospital communication processes through timely review and response to electronic and written messages
- Collaboration and teamwork with the multidisciplinary team including physician leadership and leaders throughout UI Health.
3. Nursing Staff Development, Continuing Education
- Assesses competency of clinical staff, based on job requirements and patient population needs.
- In collaboration with Clinical Nurse Consultant II, Staff Nurse II & Administrative Nurse I, directs unit-based education activities including orientation, annual competencies, and ongoing performance improvement initiatives.
- Facilitates nursing student education and mentoring.
- Adheres to and enforce the hospital's Code of Conduct.
- Treats patients/families, staff, students and visitors with respect and dignity.
- Adheres to and enforces Nursing's time, overtime and attendance policies.
- Completes electronic learning modules and related programs as assigned by hospital by established date
- Complies with University Health Services TB and fit-testing requirements
- Initiates resolution of patient care problems utilizing established communication channels/chain of command
- Resolves recurring clinical practice and/or related unit problems and participates in problem solving and resolution utilizing established communication channels/chain of command
- Facilitates the planning, presenting and evaluating of learning/educational experiences for staff and students
- Serves as resource to other nursing staff and students
- In collaboration with Staff Nurse II directs unit-based quality initiatives and provides feedback and education to staff
- Encourages and supports nursing and multidisciplinary research efforts conducted on the unit and in the Medical Center
- Responsible for continued professional growth/development by identification of learning needs and initiates strategies to meet such needs
6. Nursing Administration
- Reviews and follows up on nursing occurrence reports to include follow-up with risk management, staff mentoring/educational plan related to occurrences.
- Ensures that the work schedule is planned, implemented, and monitored according to department policy.
- Conducts Leader Rounds on patients and staff by executing the hospital's best customer experience action plan.
- Evaluates ED staff including Staff Nurses, Nurse Techs and EMTs.
- Assists in maintaining competency and regulatory compliance of ED staff as required by State and Federal Regulating Agencies and the Joint Commission.
- Attends and participates in ED Administration meetings, Departmental and Physician Faculty meetings, Emergency Management Planning and Quality Assurance meetings and task forces as assigned.
- Assists in creation/review/revision of ED and house wide Policies and Procedures.
- Accountability for effective fiscal management to ensure proper utilization of financial resources.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special project as assigned.