The Career Potential
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That's something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It's who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.The Opportunity
As we continue to grow, we are seeking a Business Development Manager, Transfusion Medicine- Southern California. This position is a front-line quota-carrying resource responsible for the sale of Transfusion Medicine (TM) product line to net-new customers from San Diego to Los Angeles. Responsible for new customer acquisition and conversion of competitive accounts by teaming with Technical Consultant counterparts and Health System Executives, Regional (Regional HSEs), as applicable. This is a remote position reporting to the Regional Sales Manager.The Responsibilities
- New Customer Acquisition: Convert competitive/new customer accounts. Develop customer acceptance by establishing personal credibility, illustrating Ortho value propositions, demonstrating product capabilities, and successfully managing highest probability opportunities to close.
- Strategic Planning: Develop and execute strategic territory plans to prioritize, pursue, and convert competitive customer accounts; team with Regional HSE in all relevant IDN-related planning activities.
- Product Sales: Drive product sales for all product and service offerings within an assigned territory.
- Prospecting: Gain entry into competitive customer accounts, prospect for opportunities and develop leads.
- Sales Process Execution: Gain entry into competitive accounts through c-suite, executive, system level, and key stakeholders; form and execute customer touchpoint/call plan based on customer's buying cycle; manage opportunities both within and outside of buying/sales cycle; leverage strategic selling framework.
- New Customer Transition: Assist with transition planning for newly converted customers and contribute to smooth transition to Customer Experience Manager.
- Cross-Team Coordination: Team with appropriate Technical Consultants and Inside Sales to target and convert stand-alone, non-standardized IDNs; collaborate with Regional HSEs to execute HSE-led IDN strategy, as applicable.
- Forecasting and Reporting: Provide timely and accurate sales forecasts, activity, account updates, and reports via CRM system; collaborate with Marketing to identify opportunities for equipment placement in CRM environment.
- New business acquisitions goals
- Meet product-specific revenue goals
- Convert net-new, competitive accounts
- Meet instrumentation goals in-line with AOP language
- Develop and manage strategy for hospitals & non-covered IDNs
- Identify & develop key contacts throughout organization
Key Points of Interaction
- Technical Consultant to strategically plan and conduct sales calls.
- Inside Sales to gain entry into new accounts and target smaller accounts.
- Health System Executive, Regional regarding any HSE-led IDN-related opportunities within assigned accounts.
- Customer Experience Manager & Lab Specialist for transition of competitive customers and referral/introduction into competitive accounts.
- Commercial Operations to ensure timely and accurate forecasting and reporting, and support of enablement initiatives.
- Ability to personally attend to clients for in person meetings (either on a regular or emergency basis) on short notice, thus requiring reasonable geographical proximity to clients
- Sales Background: 5+ years with strong performance in a B2B new customer acquisition sales environment. Prior capital equipment sales experience is a plus.
- Industry/Domain Knowledge: minimum of 3 years of experience in the Healthcare Industry, 5 years preferred.
- Minimum Education: BS/BA Degree in Business, Life Science, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Independent Worker: Ability to deliver results while working in a highly independent and fast-paced team environment.
- Business Acumen: Proficient at uncovering key business issues and providing insightful, actionable recommendations for improvement.
- Communication: Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Key Leadership Attributes: Customer Focus, Drives for Results, and Collaborates, Situational Adaptability.
- Other Key Competencies: Commercial / business acumen, insight selling, opportunity management, sets team goals and develops best processes, manages complex sales cycle internally and externally.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION:
In addition to submitting your resume and completing theapplication, please click on the following linkto complete a short questionnaire which will tell us a bit more about you:
"At Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, we are proud of the empowering, inclusive and innovative culture we are growing. Our team is passionate about our work, and brings deep knowledge, industry experience and diverse thinking that drive results, making Ortho a place to grow your career.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law."