Site Inspector / Project Specialist (FEMA Disaster Recovery Support)
Attention, all Construction Inspectors and Civil Engineers, as this may be the role for you! Site Inspectors / Project Specialists will conduct site inspections for sites with minor damages to validate infrastructure damage and record detailed damage descriptions during the inspection.
Site Inspector / Project Specialists will be deployed from their home primarily to locations on the East Coast, Alabama, and Mississippi (Zone 1) when needed after natural disasters.
Successful candidates will provide services to the Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) Public Assistance (PA) program in support of disaster-related operations in accordance with the Stafford Act. This program provides supplemental Federal assistance to State and Local jurisdictions under Presidential major disaster declarations to clear debris, implement emergency protect measures, repair or replace infrastructure, public buildings, and related equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Communicating and coordinating with other FEMA Public Assistance (PA) staff involved in the PA Program delivery process for Applicants
* Scheduling and conducting site inspections with the Applicants
* Identifying need for and engaging technical specialists and environmental/historical preservation compliance specialists when appropriate throughout the program deliver process
* Performing accurate quantification and detailed description of disaster related damage, including debris
* Completing sketches of sites to supplement photographs and capture profile and cross-sectional perspectives
* Writing a detailed damage description
* Developing the completed site inspection information in a timely manner
* Delivering the completed site inspection information to the Site Inspection Task Force Leader and Program Delivery Manager in a timely matter
* Tracking and following-up with Applicant on FEMA's Request for Information and documentation submission
* Developing scopes of work, including related code and standard requirements
* Developing cost estimates for infrastructure projects
* Evaluating hazard mitigation proposals and developing benefit-cost analyses
* First-level professionals will possess 2 years of experience in field of expertise (with an undergraduate degree) and a professional registration; or 5 years in the field of expertise
* Mid-level professionals will possess 5 years of experience in field of expertise (with an undergraduate degree) and a professional registration; or 10 years in the field of expertise
* Senior-level professionals will possess 10 years of experience in field of expertise (with an undergraduate degree) and a professional registration; or 15 years in the field of expertise
* Ability to deploy and be on-site within 24-48 hours of notification, fully prepared to perform assigned tasks
* Ability to work remotely for up to 12 months
* Ability to obtain FEMA Suitability via detailed FEMA background investigation
* Active FEMA badge is a plus
* Knowledge of the FEMA PA Program and policy is a plus
ABS Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO Employer / Vet / Disabled).
Company: ABS Consulting