Merieux NutriSciences is a solution provider dedicated to preventing health risks related to food and to the use of everyday products. Offering a wide range of testing and consulting services, our teams are committed to providing our clients with accurate results, delivered on time, with uncompromising ethics, honesty and personal integrity.
Our motto: "More than a successful business, we are building a healthier world".
Do you want to be a part of it?YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE
We are looking for a Microbiologist in 3688 Kinsman BLVD, Madison, WI 53704 USA. Your mission will be to:
Have you ever wondered?
What makes orange soda, orange?
How long can my fast food burger really sit out before it spoils?
Or maybe something more serious:
How can I keep myself safe from food borne illness?
How can I trust the Nutrition Labels and expiration dates on the food that I eat?
If you've asked yourself any of these questions, Merieux NutriSciences wants YOU!!!
The applicant is responsible for the testing of food samples using various microbiological analyses. They provide analytical support for the lab by ensuring that laboratory procedures are being performed within specified quality guidelines.
* Follow appropriate methods and SOPs when conducting sample preparation. Maintain quality control records.
* Read, calculate, record data in the Laboratory Information Management System
* Perform rapid test methods
* Perform confirmation tests on suspect samples to identify the strain of bacteria.
* Read, enter and evaluate process control samples
* Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities.
* Support root cause analysis investigations and suggest appropriate corrective actions.
* Weigh the appropriate amount of sample and pour correct agar to begin analysis procedures.
* Pipette sample solution into tubes or plates according to the analysis process being performed. Pour the agar into plates or tubes to begin the growth process.
* Prepare sample for analysis by recording, weighing and blending.
* Read, calculate and record analysis data to produce a report for the client. Correct any discrepancies that occur on the worksheet.
* Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process.
The Microbiologist we are looking for has...
1-2 years of experience. The applicant must have a general knowledge of microbiology to accurately perform testing procedures and obtain the correct results. Basic chemistry knowledge is needed to prepare the media to the specification of the sample. A basic knowledge of food science is necessary to analyze the microbiological content of the sample.
*The ability to work collaboratively, as a member of a team, to achieve a common goal
*A desire to protect themselves, their friends and family, and the entire world from illness caused by foodborne pathogens
*The flexibility and productivity to work in a fast-paced, often varied environment
*A strong sense of pride in achieving accurate, timely, and consistent results in their work
*Work as a member of a team to prepare food samples for testing
*Carry out a number of procedures including reading test labels and preparing samples for analysis by recording, weighing and blending
*Pipette sample solution into tubes or plates according to the analysis process being performed
*Set up and sterilizing equipment needed for analysis of food samples
*Work closely with other team members and with the support of a department management
*Perform other related tasks as needed
The applicant can expect extended time spent in a standing position. The applicant should be able to detect slight variation in shades of colors.
You will join a company with an inspiring mission. With us, you could learn and develop yourself in a collaborative, empowering, dynamic and challenging environment. Entrepreneurship and improving public health are part of our DNA.
Join us and contribute to a meaningful Project!
To apply please click on 'Apply now' button