At ABS Group, risk analysis is our foundation. ABS Group isa global professional services company with 87 offices in 33 countries. OurGlobal Government division, headquartered in Arlington, VA, deployscutting-edge technical expertise for federal agencies such as the Department ofHomeland Security, the United States Coast Guard, and the Department ofTransportation. At ABS Group, you can help transform the way agencies quantify,analyze, and ultimately manage risk.
Our Advanced Analytics team works directly with our clientsto define and solve problems. Every day, our analysts work to inform decisionmakers how to best address their most complex challenges. If you arededicated to quantitative analysis, predictive modeling, data visualization, andoperations research, we're just what you're looking for.
This opening is for a Lead Risk Analyst where you will workclosely on a dynamic team comprised of ABS Group employees and highly engagedclient representatives to meet fast-paced project requirements and provideend-user support. Consultants on the team provide risk analysis,risk communication, model development, and associated support services on-sitewith the client in Washington DC. Members of the team are often providedwith increased responsibility in a short time and with the opportunity toinfluence ground breaking work in risk analysis.
- Develop expert knowledge of quantitative datasets, translate information requests into analysis criteria, conduct analysis using MS Access, MS Excel, Tableau, or other tools, and correctly interpret results
- Experience conducting Regulatory Impact Analysis for Federal Agencies based on OMB Circular A-4.
- Experience working with Regulatory Flexibility Act, Paperwork Reduction Act, and the National Environmental Policy Act.
- Analyze datasets to generate descriptive statistics and perform statistical analysis to identify trends and anomalies in data
- Understand risk concepts including likelihood, probability, frequency, threat, vulnerability, and consequence for transportation safety
- Support subject matter experts (SMEs), and/or become a SME in support of specific areas of risk modeling
- Develop standardized risk assessment methodologies that allow a federal agency to understand, quantify, and evaluate risk.
- Provide recommendations on generally accepted risk assessment tools most applicable to the client's decision-making needs.
- Conduct literature review around the latest risk assessment methods and risk modeling approaches.
- Conducting detailed risk assessments by analyzing documents, reports and regulations.
- Conduct risk assessments and develop risk assessment tools.
- Support the facilitation of risk workshops.
- Perform research to support new/updated methodology and model development
- Develop briefing materials and write reports to communicate concepts and analysis results to client and end users
- Preparing written documents, reports, and presentations as required by the client
- Be able to translate business needs and gaps into requirements documentation
- Be comfortable presenting your work to a small audience (10-20 people) conveying data results or facilitating discussion to support a client decision
- Maintain a positive working environment and can-do attitude to foster productive and healthy team and client relationships
- Alert supervisor to opportunities for new work and business development
- Support the development of proposals for new and existing work