Performs routine tasks that support the Outpatient Therapy Programs. Under the supervision of a licensed/certified professional, this position supports the managers to maintain professional, organized and clean treatment materials and spaces. This position also supports our treating therapists by participating in patient treatment, preparing, cleaning, returning toys/equipment to their proper location, ordering and restocking materials and supplies.
Essential job duties:
1. Transport patients to and from therapy sessions according to hospital policy.
2. Establish rapport with patients that is compassionate and humanistic.
3. Maintain all outpatient therapy areas.
4. Clean/disinfect therapy treatment areas and equipment/toys as needed.
5. Transport equipment to and from the established area, upon request.
6. Inventory, order and stock supplies for treatment areas.
7. Obtain and return equipment from/to storage as assigned.
8. Maintain equipment storage areas as assigned.
9. Update treatment room request sheets on treatment room doors weekly.
10. Perform clerical duties as assigned (see Rehabilitation Technician Duties spreadsheet).
11. Perform other duties as assigned (see Rehabilitation Technician Duties Spreadsheet).
12. Ensure timely and cooperative inter- and intra-departmental relationships and communications throughout the hospital and the system and with individuals external to the hospital and system.
13. Keep designated supervisor informed about all significant issues and seek counsel when necessary.
14. Provide support to therapists during aquatic therapy sessions by assisting with patient transfers in and out of pool and by being immediately available in pool area in case of emergency.
15. Provide support to therapists while performing serial casting after passing competencies.
Other job duties:
1. Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be at least 18 years old. Must be able to express self clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing. Must demonstrate self-initiation and simple problem-solving skills and be willing to ask for support from therapists or managers when necessary. Relate compassionately and appropriately with children and their families in accordance with the guidelines of the hospital. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with therapists and other employees; manage time effectively and be flexible to accommodate patient and staffing needs.
High school graduate or equivalent. College training preferred.