M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,600 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
An Electronic Security Technician will be responsible for installing, testing, and troubleshooting security system devices such as card readers, electrified hardware, motion sensors, contacts and cameras, patch panels and junction boxes on large and/or complex jobs. Must be able to perform as a crew leader or individually as work tasks require. The selected candidate will be someone who has very strong communication and organizational skills and is self-motivated with a very strong work ethic. The selected candidate will also be of strong moral character and understand that they will be representing the world's best service company. Therefore, you will present yourself in a clean and professional manor at all times, with a primary focus on customer satisfaction, quality and safety.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Electronics Technician I will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Install and maintain electronic security systems
- Participate in review of design documentation and system data to plan and execute installation and maintenance activities
- Execute installation and maintenance activities within planned durations
- Complete high quality device and component installation activities and maintenance activities
- Participate in configuration of servers, workstations, panels and other programmable components
- Execute testing to verify high quality installations
- Execute testing to identify and correct system problems at component and system levels as part of system sustainment activities
- Install system raceway
- Install system cabling
- Terminate and test system cabling and all components
- Install equipment racks, enclosures, panels and all mounting hardware components
- Meet all attendance requirements and working hours of the assignment
- Communicate effectively with supervisors
- Communicate effectively with subordinates
- Incorporate, follow and reinforce all required safety practices at all times
- Complete detailed and accurate as-built, testing, and quality control documentation
- Participate in logistics planning for personnel and equipment
- Perform as a reliable contact for field operations with the customer representatives
- Performing field verification testing
- Reading and adhering to blueprints and installation design plans for the installation of sub-level devices
- Preparing and installing cable pathways and spaces
- Identifying appropriate cables from drawings and running cables per installation design plans
- Testing continuity of conductors
- Terminating basic connections such as butt splices, insulated connectors, terminal strips/blocks, RJ-45 and BNC connectors
- Mounting and terminating field devices such as readers, door contacts, REXs, and cameras
- Networking and IP experience preferred
Specific position requirements are as follows
- Requires a HS diploma or GED
- Requires a Valid driver's license
- 4 to 6 years of electronics installation and/or maintenance activities on multiple systems and with multiple customer programs
- 2 to 3 years of experience with Associates Degree in Electronics from an accredited program
Specific desired experience, skills and certifications are as follows:
- Vendor certifications in multiple IDS, ACS, and CCTV systems
- Formal Electronics Training as follows:
- Military Electronics Training (minimum 720 classroom hours) or
- Graduation from an accredited Electronics Technician program or
- Graduation from an Electrical Apprenticeship program or
- An additional three (3) years of electronics installation and/or maintenance activities
- Physical Ability Requirements:
- Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
- Relocates a 12-foot stepladder without assistance.
- Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
- Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.