Through its people and brands, CNH Industrial delivers power, technology and innovation to farmers, builders and drivers all around the world. Each of its brands, including Case IH, New Holland Agriculture, Case and New Holland Construction, FPT Industrial, Capital, and Parts & Service, is a major international force in its specific sector.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer to join our team. This role can be based in New Holland, PA or Burr Ridge, IL. In this role, you will be responsible for the timely development of application software for agricultural equipment. The successful applicant will be specifying, designing, and testing vehicle application and control software per CNH Industrial coding standards
- Define the control system software requirements, software specification and software structure for applications
- Maintain, archive, and control application source code. Manage SW releases.
- Implement the software architecture and strategies, requirements for closed loop control algorithms, and related software control logic
- Perform unit testing and system integration with the hardware and software, via simulation and on-board executions.
- Define & Execute test scenarios to verify the implemented control / monitoring strategy.
- Support Product Validation Engineers as they conduct Functional and Performance testing.
- Analyze and interpret field data for product development and troubleshooting. (i.e. CAN traces)
- Produce documentation in support of design, implementation, and test activities.
The qualified candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Computer or similar engineering discipline
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of embedded software development experience using Model-Based tools and C/ C++ Programming language and tools.
- Model-Based Design experience using MATLAB® Simulink/Stateflow and Automatic code generation with dSPACE® Targetlink or Mathworks® Real-Time Workshop.
- Experience with code debuggers, code analysis, and memory management.
- Experience with automated testing (LABview, CAPL, etc)
- Experience with SAE J1939, CAN, UDS and ISOBUS software protocols
- Experience with Electro-Hydraulic or vehicle control systems for on/off-highway vehicle systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of design analysis tool and other relevant engineering systems
- Demonstrated technical leadership and organization/control skills.
- Experience with network client/server architecture
- Vehicle networking protocols (e.g. CAN, LIN)
- Experience with agricultural equipment and/or machines
- Experience with industry coding standards for software development (MISRA-C, etc)
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and its supplement here.
If you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 1-800-889-4422 option 1 and then option 5, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read about our company’s commitment to pay transparency by clicking this link: pay transparency notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities