Through its people and brands, CNH Industrial delivers power, technology and innovation to farmers, builders and drivers all around the world. Each of its brands, including Case IH, New Holland Agriculture, Case and New Holland Construction, FPT Industrial, Capital, and Parts & Service, is a major international force in its specific sector.
We are actively seeking an Architect and Networking Technical Manager to join our team in Burr Ridge, IL. In this role you will lead the Architecture and Networking team, securing relevant deliverables to support Vehicle Electronics.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide strong technical direction to the team to translate architectural requirements into real off-road vehicle architectures topology, processing units definition, data exchange needs both in vehicle, vehicle to vehicle, vehicle to cloud.
- Develop and improve scalable EE vehicle architectures for Agriculture and Construction Equipment
- Define common EE Subsystem architectures (HW and SW) and high level component requirements
- Define Vehicle Networking and diagnostics management securing alignment with off-board architecture
- Provide direction for distributed functionality of advanced features (eg. autonomous, machine controls..)
- Manage advanced engineering Proof Of Concepts of new solutions
- Create CyberSecurity guidelines and ensure compliance while supporting improvement of CS culture in the company
- Define multi-year budget for team
- Proactively support Advanced System team to consolidate and define next generation vehicle architecture needs.
- Support whole VE organization analyzing at project start HW/SW solutions identified securing those will achieve the expected performances.
- Lead the team to identify areas of similarities with legacy solutions to efficiently reuse them.
- Interact with EE System Integration to receive support to complete functions split into more basic behavior to speed up technology selection, hardware/software roadmap development and maximize reuse where similar basic needs are shared within different features or functions.
- Manage assigned task while always keeping the focus on respect of timing, cost and quality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other technical discipline
- 6+ years Managing a team of Electrical Engineers developing HW and SW solutions for automotive or off highway (Agriculture/Construction) vehicles
- 3+ years of hands-on technical experience working with one of the following: embedded electronic hardware and/or software; advanced vision/perception systems (including cameras, lidar/radar), machine intelligence algorithms (advanced signal processing, neural networks, etc.)
- Embedded or real-time operating systems, and/or driver/kernel development
- Defining hardware and software automotive/off highway architectures taking into account scalability, modularity and cost.
- Developing complex and robust electronic systems for harsh operating environments such as on or off highway vehicles
- Developing, specifying or integrating advanced electronic components such as electronic control units (ECUs), displays, sensors, motors/actuators
- Working with serial communication protocols such as CAN (J1939), LIN; Ethernet, BroadR-Reach, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and/or cellular/GSM
- Incorporating functional safety standards such as ISO25119, ISO13849 and/or ISO26262
Preferred job qualifications:
- Proven understanding of engineering, product development and requirement gathering processes, preferred working knowledge of Technical Readiness Levels
- Requirements management using a tool such as Polarion, Doors, etc.
- Strong communication skills to a variety of audiences including internal customers, technical peers, and senior leadership
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and online collaboration tools such as Sharepoint and Skype
- Understanding of the use and application of various off-highway vehicles in agriculture and construction
- Understanding of cybersecurity concepts
- Familiarity with ISO18497: Safety of Highly Automated Agricultural Vehicles
- Demonstrated systems engineering capability and systems-thinking mind-set
- Demonstrated experience in a customer-facing role defining requirements and translating requirements into hardware/software specifications
- Familiarity with decision-matrix methods such as Pugh Concept Selection
- Demonstrated ability to define a strategic vision, communicate that vision and obtain cross-functional buy-in
CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and its supplement here.
If you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 1-800-889-4422 option 1 and then option 5, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read about our company’s commitment to pay transparency by clicking this link: pay transparency notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities