M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,600 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
Senior Proposal Manager (Tysons, VA)
M.C. Dean is seeking a highly motivated proposal manager to join our team in Tysons, Virginia. This position offers the career-minded individual the opportunity to be a team leader, supporting high profile proposals across multiple operating divisions and disciplines throughout the company. M.C. Dean provides large-scale systems and systems integration solutions for state and local governments; federal, defense and national security clients; and Fortune 100 technology, healthcare and industrial corporations.
- Prepare and manage proposals from initial request to final proposal submission and close-out
- Review and analyze solicitation materials and ensure proposal compliance and responsiveness to client requirements and issues
- Develop proposal artifacts including proposal plan, compliance matrices, outlines, storyboards, schedules, data calls, page allocation, themes, discriminators, etc.
- Work with the capture manager to lead all critical milestones in the proposal process including kickoff, color reviews and working group meetings
- Write compelling executive summaries, past performance write-ups, resumes, and other proposal elements.
- Write and edit proposal content, and collaborate with the design team to develop graphics, tables and charts
- Demonstrate dedication to leading and supporting proposal response to completion
- Monitor and measure proposal progress and completion status
- Coordinate and participate in final proposal production activities
- Perform Peer Reviews and contribute to the process of continual improvement within the department
- Mentor junior level proposal staff
- Maintain the proposal knowledge management database
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Seven (7) or more year's hands-on proposal management experience with federal government proposals
- In-depth knowledge of how to analyze a solicitation and structure a proposal to be compliant, responsive, and competitive
- Understanding of the Government contracting and procurement process and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Understanding of Shipley Business Development Lifecycle process
- Ability to motivate and energize a team to produce a winning proposal
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of people who possess a variety of skills, experience, and personalities
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements, including U.S. Citizenship, for access to classified information; eligibility for a DoD clearance is required.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent time management, organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competency in MS SharePoint, GovWin, Salesforce, and Adobe CS is a plus
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.