M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,600 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and perform testing and inspection of large fire alarm systems per NFPA and local code standards, noting existing and potential deficiencies;
- Prepare accurate and timely inspection and service reports;
- Perform complete site surveys for potential PM inspections and FA system changes/modifications, prepare corresponding quotations;
- Program and service fire alarm systems of various models;
- Troubleshoot various FA systems;
- Perform pre-testing and final inspections for assigned projects;
- Develop and perform PITCO activities;
- Perform calculations including battery, NAC panel and system standby;
- Create redline drawings for as-built preparation;
- Complete job-related documents including ROC, Test Forms etc.;
- Ensure compliance with all applicable codes and standards.
- Perform online research, installation manuals, manufacture manuals to determine materials requirements and installation procedures;
- Possess NICET Fire Alarm Systems Level I or
- Pass NICET I exam within 90 days of employment
OTHER DESIRED & CONTRACT REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Science degree is required for this position with 0 - 2 years of experience
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements, including U.S. Citizenship, for access to classified information; eligibility for a DoD clearance is required.
- Above average level of attention to detail and professional work ethic.
- Commitment to excellence and a high quality of work.
- Ability to function in a controlled, effective manner under stress.
- High level of customer service.
- Strong desire to continuously increase your skill set and take on more responsibility.
- Above average communication skills with customers, other field personnel, office staff and sub-contractors.
- Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
- Relocates a 12 foot stepladder without assistance.
- Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
- Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
- Tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- See details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.