Infrastructure/Civil Construction Technician
Thousand Oaks, CA
Position: Construction Technician 2
Industry: Operational Services
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Hiring Immediately - Outdoor Work with Social Distancing!
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting, engineering and field services firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as an Infrastructure Construction Technician
- Inspect, maintain and repair wastewater, stormwater and drinking water infrastructure at client properties throughout the Pacific Northwest and California.
- Use mobile technology to record detailed inspection, compliance and work-performed notes.
- Collaborate with local, national and regional Apex staff.
- Learn and apply compliance regulations and techniques for inspecting infrastructure compliance with stormwater regulations.
- Diagnose and estimate materials, equipment and personnel needed to address compliance deficiencies and to repair, replace and install property infrastructure ranging from fences and parking lot sinkholes to wastewater lift stations, stormwater sediment and retention ponds, and stormwater treatment BMPs.
- Use hand and power tools and heavy equipment to complete approved infrastructure repair/replacement projects.
- Learn and apply USEPA protocol to collect stormwater and groundwater samples for laboratory analysis.
- Deploy to address rapid response call-outs from clients to address flooding and other urgent infrastructure problems.
- Self-perform most of the time; direct subcontractors and collaborate with other Apex staff on larger projects.
- Accurately track and report your time, project materials and equipment.
- Ensure safe work practices among project teams.
- Actively develop your own career growth.
Why you'll love working with us:
- Stable, year-round full-time employment.
- Company-provided field truck, smart-phone and laptop computer.
- Company-subsidized medical and dental, and vision plan.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- Paid Time Off, 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 900+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- GED or High School diploma.
- 5+ years of varied construction experience including excavations, trenching/shoring, concrete framing and finishing, pump and electrical control diagnostic and repair.
- 3+ years of experience inspecting, maintaining and repairing stormwater, wastewater, and facility/grounds infrastructure.
- Strong safe work history and commitment, including confined-space entry; excavation competent person, 40-Hour HazWoper and similar OSHA safety training/certification.
- 3+ years of experience inspecting, cleaning and maintaining stormwater infrastructure.
- 3+ years of experience estimating labor, materials and equipment needed to complete infrastructure repair.
- "Road Warrior" who enjoys hands-on outdoor, physical labor and can travel throughout Southern California.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively with other field staff and senior management.
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds, work in confined spaces, and in inclement weather.
- Stormwater/wastewater sampling experience preferred.
- Stable employment history and favorable employment references.
- Track record of excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Clean driving and criminal records.
- Desire and commitment to play an active role in a successful and growing team.
To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant, Olivia, will get you connected with our hiring team today or visit .
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.