M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence™. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,600 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
- Research, write, lay out, and produce a variety of technical documentation including: operations and maintenance documentation; testing and procedural documentation; briefs and presentations; user manuals and reference guides; proposals and contracting documentation
- Develop, format, edit, and review proposal response documentation for all types of responses, including market surveys, Requests for Information (RFIs), sources sought responses, Requests for Proposal (RFP) responses, etc.
- Convey complex information and concepts in an appropriate fashion to audiences with different levels of technical knowledge
- Research, analyze, and cite reference materials from print and online sources
- Proofread, edit, and revise text; provide copy editing and production support
- Develop schedules, outlines, and templates for various types of proposal and project documentation
- Create, edit, and finalize technical, managerial, and related content for written proposals
- Interview subject matter expert and participants in proposal development meetings to create and edit new proposal content
- Conceptualize graphics, figures, tables, and other presentation techniques to optimize impact of information provided
- Coordinate and assist with contract and proposal deliverables production, packing, and delivery (hard / soft copy) per RFP requirements
- Develop and maintain tracking lists for contract management, proposal management, deliverable management, and project management for team reviews and compliance
- Responsible for ensuring team is compliant with contract and project requirements, deliverables requirements, and schedule requirements
Key Qualifications / Skills:
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and may meet eligibility requirements, including U.S. Citizenship, for access to classified information
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, IT, Communication, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in technical writing or proposal writing in a technical field, or similar related experience
- Experience authoring responses to statements of work, staffing plans, past performance sections, management plans, and executive summaries
- Experience with Federal and DoD technical writing and/or proposal writing
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage complex workload and handle pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal) and the ability to work in a collaborative team environments
- Vast English language knowledge
- Attention to detail in completing work tasks
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and resolve practical problems
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Adobe software including Acrobat Professional, InDesign, and Creative Suite
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, Visio, and Project a plus
- This position may require travel
All information in this job posting has been designed to indicate the general nature of work to be performed. It is not designed to be all inclusive or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and qualifications required of this position.
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.