|Lead Designer / Detailer - Baltimore, MD|
Location: Baltimore, MD
Req. Number: 5011
M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,600 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Analysis of the project specifications, engineering drawings, and applicable code and other requirements
* Review and analysis of equipment and material submittals with respect to interfaces, physical layout, and constructability
* Defining the detailing approach, common repeatable design elements, coordinating with M.C. Dean and external stakeholders
* Estimating and planning VDC effort for one or multiple features of work on the project in accordance with established practices and project-level guidance
* 3D modeling of moderately and highly complex elements of scope, e.g. electrical distribution, equipment and circuit layout in electrical rooms, telecommunications distribution, etc.
* Leading internal and multi-trade coordination for the respective features of work / scope elements, resolving conflicts/clashes, escalating issues to project leadership, as needed
* Supervising the design technicians/drafters responsible for the production of the drawings for the respective scope
* Managing and coordinating stakeholders in the design review process
* Electrical, mechanical, or architectural engineering degree + 2 years of experience
* Equivalent relevant experience may be acceptable as an exception in lieu of an engineering degree. 7+ years of experience will be required for non-degreed individuals
* Expert knowledge of the national electric code (NEC), constructability practices, construction means and methods, and other applicable codes and standards
* Advanced knowledge of Autodesk design tools (Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks), BlueBeam Revu, and related
* Working proficiency with MS Office applications
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Excellent time management skills
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled