M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence™. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,600 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform testing and inspection of fire alarm systems per NFPA and local code standards, noting existing and potential deficiencies;
- Functionally-test Initiating Devices, Notification Appliances, and all other peripherals and system components;
- Communicate system performance and deficiencies to customers and to account managers for accurate and efficient quoting of recommended repairs;
- Prepare accurate and timely inspection and service reports
- Determine materials needed for repairs and order them;
- Develop and maintain relationships with building owners, building managers, and other customer representatives;
- Perform all duties required to successfully complete projects within estimate and according to specifications;
- Respond to service requests, diagnose system malfunctions of fire alarms and adjust, repair or replace equipment as needed to bring into compliance;
- Read blueprints and drawings;
- Maintain inventory;
- Pursue and maintain industry certifications, as well as grow technical and customer service skills with active support from MCDean.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE OR EQUIVALENT
- 6 years of relevant experience or
- 2 years technology degree and 2 years of relevant experience
- High School Diploma (required)
- Must possess a TS clearance or the ability to obtain clearance.
- Possess NICET Fire Alarm Systems Level II
- Possess NICET III or the ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire.
- Manufacturer certifications - Simplex, Notifier
- Above average level of attention to detail and professional work ethic.
- Commitment to excellence and a high quality of work.
- Ability to function in a controlled, effective manner under stress.
- High level of customer service.
- Strong desire to continuously increase your skill set and take on more responsibility.
- Above average communication skills with customers, other field personnel, office staff and sub-contractors
PHYSICAL AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS & OTHER SKILLS
- Lift at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time;
- Relocate a 12 foot stepladder without assistance;
- Work at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders;
- Walk, climb, lift, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull and reach overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools;
- Work overtime as directed by supervisor;
- Must be able to pass a background check;
- Must be able to pass random drug screening;
- Must consistently report to work on time, work well with other employees to accomplish a common goal, and maintain a safe work environment;
- Basic troubleshooting including researching online, system manuals to resolve problems;