M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,600 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
The Level I Estimator assists more experienced estimators in preparing cost estimates for bids and proposals for electrical and other low voltage applications such as fire alarm systems, security systems, communication systems, paging systems, audio-visual systems and nurse-call systems.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Gathering data and assisting in preparing bid proposal estimates and design/build proposals.
- Performing take-offs from drawings; pricing change orders and conducting site visits to understand the constructibility of projects.
- Understanding plans and specifications to identify the types and grades of materials and equipment needed and to ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Understanding and applying cost fundamentals; maintaining current, accurate information on prices from supplies and contractors.
- Preparing bid packages and obtaining pricing from subcontractors and vendors.
- 2-3 years experience working in the Security field
- Familiarity with electrical equipment, materials and specifications
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints
- Experience with contract documents such as contract drawings, subcontracts, contract addendum,
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of electrical plans, blueprints and drawings.
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish work
- Generating high quality work
- Working well with others in order to reach a common goal.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.