M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,600 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
The Design Tech 2 is responsible for supporting BIM model development and producing, reviewing, and publishing construction and fabrication shop drawings based on the coordinated model. engineering design, specifications, and materials and equipment submittals to meet the project needs and M.C.Dean's constructability objectives.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review and analysis of the electrical drawings, specifications and submittals;
- Support for design of the pathway layout consistent with the electrical design and data entry;
- Equipment layout updates and data entry;
- Production of drawings to support field requirement;
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and related concepts is desirable;
- Working knowledge of design software
- Autodesk Revit
- Autodesk Navisworks
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- MS Office
- Attention to details
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a multi-discipline team
- Commitment and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Completed electrical apprenticeship and/or formal drafting training strongly desired
- Field experience with electrical installations is strongly desired;
- Design experience with the listed tools is strongly desired
- High school diploma or GED with four (4) to five (5) years of experience.
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.