Proven processes. Proven people. Proven performance by a trusted, award-winning solutions provider and partner.
Founded in 1987 and headquartered in Dumfries, Virginia, ALEX - Alternative Experts is an ISO 9001:2015-certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that's changing the way government does business by delivering a powerful, industry-leading array of core services to help its clients achieve mission-critical objectives.
Job Title: DevOps Engineer (IT)
Location: Dumfries, VA
Description: ALEX - Alternative Experts is seeking applications from candidates who are interested in an exciting new opportunity to work with our team of Data Science professionals to deliver AI based solutions/tools to our customers. We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to provide development pipeline support and infrastructure management across our cutting-edge tool set. You will have an early stage role, influencing the company's technology direction. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Contributing to the overall architecture and deployment of solutions supporting the AI product roadmap
- Daily system monitoring to verify integrity of hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes
- Reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
- Participating in the testing and evaluation of new technology
- Developing and maintaining installation and configuration procedures
- Automated arrangement, coordination, and management of software containers: Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience in Systems and Network Administration, DevOps, or Site Reliability Engineering
- Experience focusing in areas such as systems, network, or application security
- Experience with web protocols and Linux/Unix tools and architecture
- Experience maintaining distributed systems and web services
- Experience with Https servers such as Nginx or Apache
- Experience with managing container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes and configuring CI&CD pipelines utilizing tools such as Helm, Jenkins, Bitbucket.
- Experience with setting up data lake for fault-tolerant, high availability and distributed file/block/object storage on-prem.
- Experience with monitoring resources, scale out and load balance deployed applications.
- Knowledge of Bash scripting and programming
- Experience with Cyber Security (Information Assurance) principles and operations
- Excellent communication skills to work with clients and technical personnel including engineers
- Ability to move papers, office equipment, and computer hardware up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work on a computer throughout the duration of a work day
- Ability to attend occasional client meetings on and off site
- Coding experience with Python
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related technical field
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to allow employees to meet the essential functions of the job, unless those accommodations cause undue hardships on the employer. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at .
- Woman-Owned Small Business
- VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Affirmative Action Employer
- Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply