|UPS Technician 3 - Portland, OR|
Location: Portland, OR
Req. Number: 4857
M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,600 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
CRITICAL POWER DIVISION INTRODUCTION:
The Critical Power Group is responsible for maintaining, servicing, and troubleshooting UPS systems, batteries, and other critical infrastructure equipment. Our technicians are factory trained on most major UPS manufacturers of static equipment (e.g., Ametek, SCI, Cyberex, Toshiba, Mitsubishi, Gutor, APC, MGE, Schneider Electric, Powerware/Eaton to name a few). Our technicians perform preventive maintenance and equipment testing as well as emergency service calls at high profile government, institutional and commercial customer facilities. The Critical Power Group also provides engineering and technical support to customers and other divisions of M.C. Dean, Inc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Inspects power electronic systems and their associated controls. Typical systems include but are not limited to UPS systems, battery systems associated with power backup systems, Static Transfer Switches, Power Distribution Units and their associated controls. Inspections include, but are not limited to Initial, In-process, Visual Condition, and Final Inspections, Maintenance Operational Checks, and Failure Analysis, and repairs.
* Certifies by signature to the customer that systems and components adhere to quality standards established by applicable codes, publications, checklists and specifications.
* Reviews and checks system drawings and specifications for accuracy and completeness. Technician will determine maintenance requirements, inspection requirements, and compliance with technical resolved discrepancies between recorded and actual system components by research with owner/manufacturer or by physical inspection. Corrects and certifies changes entered for record.
* Provides technical assistance and expertise on power electronic devices to owners and engineers. Technician must perform inspections, technical assistance, maintenance assistance, and instruction of site personnel, advises site personnel on proper maintenance practices, procedures, and techniques. Reviews and interprets existing technical publications applicable to inspection, modification, and maintenance of power electronics. Resolves technical problems encountered. Prepares reports of findings and makes recommendations on system improvements and implementing quality control programs.
* The physical demands are represented of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job, including lifting and installing batteries. Company expects the employee to observe all safety standards.
* Maintains operational expertise with the following instruments:
a) Digital Multi-meter
b) Power Analyzer
c) Infrared Camera
d) Digital Camera
e) Insulation Test Equipment
f) EMI/EMF Meters
g) Battery Test Equipment (Alber/Midtronics)
* Requires 7X24X365 availability when on call. Job Position may require overnight travel at company expense.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Work is performed under general supervision of the Regional Mangers and Team Leads. Technician receives assignments in terms of schedules, priorities, and general instructions pertaining to special problem areas. Is afforded freedom of action within the framework of established policies, procedures, and production schedules; accomplishing assignments on own initiative. Completed work is subject to review for adherence to policy, soundness of recommendations, and overall accomplishment of organizational tasks and functions.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide inspection and certification of power electronics and their key components. The end goal is to obtain reliability, availability & quality of power while improving or sustaining the maintainability of the electrical system.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled