Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and repair on various types of mechanical equipment and facilities.
- Performs maintenance and repair of ground support equipment and facilities.
- Executes complex maintenance assignments involving but not limited to automotive, electrical, systems and other related trade skill sets.
- Trains, mentors and guides GSE Mechanics
- May fill in for a Supervisor when needed.
- May have input on the hiring and promotion of others in the mechanic employee group.
- Reads and interprets repair manuals, basic electrical and hydraulic schematics and supervisor/manager's instructions.
- Works in tight and/or high spaces utilizing appropriate PPE and fall protection equipment.
- Follows and complies with all company and federally established policies and procedures
- Utilizes a computer to perform a variety of communications, training and administrative processes.
- Completes forms connected with work assignments according to established procedures.
- Completes all safety training as assigned by the Company.
- Compliance with all ELS safety programs, policies and procedures.
- Perform additional duties/assignments that may be required by management from time to time.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- 5 years experience as a heavy, medium or light duty mechanic.
- Experience in mentoring, guiding and directing employees in a similar job group.
- 2 years GSE mechanic experience in an airport environment.
- Ability to read and understand basic electrical/hydraulic schematics.
- Must have own set of hand tools common to the trade.
- Depending on the location, may be required to travel.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures related to equipment repair.
- Ability to work a non-traditional schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of general workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Previous work experience in an Airport environment.
- Strong hydraulic/pneumatic troubleshooting experience.
- State and/or ASE certification in automotive and diesel repair or associated field.
- 3+ years' experience in an Airline GSE repair industry
- 5 years experience in mentoring, guiding and directing employees in a similar job group.
- 7 years experience as a heavy, medium or light duty mechanic.
- 5 years experience working in a CMMS.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to take care of customer needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Possess the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Ability to work with people regardless of race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or job type.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to obtain the proper resources to complete job assignment.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and concisely.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints
- Ability to complete assigned training in a timely manner.
Computer Skills: Basic computer knowledge, at an intermediate level in working with Microsoft Windows to include: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able obtain and maintain an Airport Security badge
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and be insurable under the Company's insurance policy
- Must be able to comply with the ELS Drug and Alcohol policy.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands of this position vary by day and are not based solely on a single workday.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Stoop
Bend or Kneel
10 lbs or less
10 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity less than 5% of the time
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements: Vision (Near, Distance), Hearing
Varies between an office environment as well as all areas located on Airport property. May be around dust, dirt, moving machinery, temperature changes, heights and noise levels below OSHA minimum requirements. Use of PPE is required.
Elite Line Services (ELS) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition.
Elite Line Services (ELS) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, gender identity, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact email@example.com.